• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullseye Ammo Can long Rang Camera

coyotejs

Custom Benchrest Quality Rifle Ammunition
Minuteman
I purchased a brand new Bullseye Ammo Can camera system a SHOT SHOW directly from the guys that invented it years ago. I never used it until a few years when I tried. It did not work so I contacted Bullseye to find that a company called SME had purchased Bullseye. I wrote several letters and talked to them on the telephone. I explained in the letters the situation and again on the telephone. The unit was brand new and I had purchased the 2 year extended warranty too. They flat refused to help me. I even sent the unit to them and they sent it back! They said they no longer supported that unit. I found that they even took down the site that supported the older units. That site cost them nothing so the motive must be to force people to buy new units becasue the old ones could not get support. Cheezie for sure.
They offered me a 1/2 price coupon to buy a new unit from them and I asked "why in the world would I buy anything from you when you will not honor your warranty? Who knows when you will decide to no longer honor the warranty on the next SME product?" They offer no answer to that question.

I think we have chased down the issue today. The CNet M/N: WNOR5300 Router for the receive side (Base Unit at the computer) is bad. It was sent to me new too. There are not any new router units out there that I can find. Does anyone have a router transmit unit for sale? I think we can get it going if I got a replacement Router. Maybe.

Otherwise I recommend walking a wide circle around any products SME offers. It is "Buyer Beware" for sure. Please advise if you have a transmit or base station Router for the AMMO Can camera system. Thanks.

I have one from before the ammo can, it was novel but not really useful for anything. Buy a good spotting scope and get rid of it. I'm bummed to learn they just abandoned the old lines.

I started with the original Bullseye ammo can then (when it was shown a router on the ground didn't broadcast but 100-200 yards at best) purchased their "1000 yard Edition" which came with a short tripod; same situation with range limited to ~300 yards with low resolution FosCam. Spent several years self-developing antenna systems, extended routers and Yagi antenna etc to get it to work at 800 yards. It was an awful system from inception. Save yourself the heart ache and get a LongShot Camera system 2 mile edition.

Bullseye used several different types of routers as they recognized the shortcomings of each one. Some info that might help you find a router that will work. Also replace connecting cables with high quality pig tails. Good luck.

DSCN3248.JPG
DSCN3252.JPG
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 10.05.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 10.05.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 10.06.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.37.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.38.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.44.22 AM.png
DSCN2109 copy.JPG
DSCN2480 copy.JPG

They (SME) actually had no interest in anyway helping. I wrote to the CFO (because at the time they did not have a President) and he never responded, he assigned it to a lady that was new and had little knowledge about any of this. The only solution was to buy a new unit. Now they call things with marketing names (Sniper version), new housings and it looks like a cheaper camera (not sure). They appear to be a "holding company" owning many other companies like Johnny Stewart Game Calls. They were once the top of the line and the best you could get. They have been reduced to less than 10 products and very very far behind the times. Holding companies tend to buy successful companies and products then use them up living off the name and reputation until they are worthless. Sad but true. I have zero confidence that if I bought a new SME product that they would ever stand behind it for very long. (if at all). Thanks for the response. Be safe.

Excellent information. Thank you. I will take it all in today and see what I can do. I now understand much more about the electronics than I did after getting help from my neighbor. He does not know a lot about the system but he knows code and electronics. We went into the IP address of the router and looked at it and concluded it is a bad "chip" on the board from all indications. It was sent new to me that way. It appears that the only solution is to get two new routers that can talk to each other or find an old one that will. We down loaded the Bullseye hard code as a back up in case I can find a generic router that matches the original one and we can then program it.
It is clear you know what you are doing and did a good job of solving your issues. My investment is nearly $1,600 in the two old Bullseye systems and it is hard to give that up. Again excellent work and thanks for the information. Be safe.

Did you have to program the new routers to the Bullseye system? I that what the pictures of the different screens mean. That you input all that data or does it find it on its own?