• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Bump Helmet for NVGs

WATERWALKER

0311 SHELLBACK
Minuteman
  • Apr 19, 2014
    Deep in the Lone Star
    Im thinking of picking up a bump helmet to use w/ NVGs. I’ll be using two models, the PVS 7 & PVS 14. I don’t need ballistic protection so that’s not an issue. I just a comfortable helmet to use while hiking. Thanks.

They took a lot of shit few years back hosting a Hillary campaign stop, But I still can't stop using one . the Wendy Xfil LTP is about the most comfortable Bump helmet I wear .
    And also if you get one of there Pad kit's and really fine-tune to the shape of your head it's really pretty sweet for many hours of nonstop wear .

No matter what Helmet you end-up getting, Being that 'all' craniums are different size and shape . That is pretty #1 priority for any helmet is to fine-tune the interior Pads system to your shape of head .

The Crye soft cover is my favorite. Never really use the helmet, which is also a Crye and has "half ass ballistic protection" but is light and vented, sort of a hybrid I guess.

The soft cover is like wearing a baseball cap with a chin strap. With 14's, it's just awesome. I imagine it would work just as well with 7's.

As many know we do NOT carry TW for good reason with the Hillary debacle as we do not accept nor will tolerate actions from any company that does things like this.

With that said, there ARE other choices out there. We like the OPS core bump (fpr the price point) along with the MTEK line with the 4D pads which are the most comfortable pads in existence.

https://tnvc.com/shop/4d-tactical-ze...-combat-liner/

Last edited:
    Thanks for the replies gents. I’m still undecided on which manufacturer to purchase from, but it’s looking more like OpsCore FAST will be my choice. I remember the deal w/ TW & Hillary so that was NOT an option I was willing to explore. I wouldn’t wear a TW helmet if it were free at this point. I didn’t feel that I could look at myself in the mirror if I supported TW. I applaud TNVC for their stance on TW.

exactly what he said.

referring to Softcocks statement

they all need to be adjusted.

yes they all do . It ' Really ' hard to just throw away a helmet ( even though it a Wendy exfil ) , that you have several hundred of hours strapped around your head, and got it perfectly fine-tuned to your unique head shape, padded and counterbalanced perfect .
    No matter what manufactured brand of helmet you get . It takes nothing less than ShitLoad of time investment in one piece of gear to get it to ride just perfect all night and never be annoying . I put a lot of work into that mother fucker and the Exfil has treated me really well using it .

Not making excuses for Wendy . and I do hate that fucking CUNT hillary . Some my feel that Wendy is not ' Politically Correct ' and offensive to wear anymore, but everyone knows you have to Pay-$ To Play, ALL political administrations . 'to keep' your current contracts and to work your way in-line for possible future Fed. contract work , and that is exactly what Wendy was doing, and just like other helmet manufactures have done and still do it .

Don’t read this as me slamming you. That was never my intention. I’m willing to say that you’re helmet is “un-tainted” because it was purchased before the HRC issue. My wife wanted a Suburban but I told her I refuse to buy GM / Chrysler vehicles because they accepted “bail out money” from Uncle Sam. Why should I buy a vehicle from someone who can’t make payroll?

I’m currently driving a Lincoln, but this is my last FoMoCo vehicle. If they’re going to continue to sponsor the NFL I’ll buy Toyota from now on.

yes they all do . It ' Really ' hard to just throw away a helmet ( even though it a Wendy exfil ) , that you have several hundred of hours strapped around your head, and got it perfectly fine-tuned to your unique head shape, padded and counterbalanced perfect .
    No matter what manufactured brand of helmet you get . It takes nothing less than ShitLoad of time investment in one piece of gear to get it to ride just perfect all night and never be annoying . I put a lot of work into that mother fucker and the Exfil has treated me really well using it .

Not making excuses for Wendy . and I do hate that fucking CUNT hillary . Some my feel that Wendy is not ' Politically Correct ' and offensive to wear anymore, but everyone knows you have to Pay-$ To Play, ALL political administrations . 'to keep' your current contracts and to work your way in-line for possible future Fed. contract work , and that is exactly what Wendy was doing, and just like other helmet manufactures have done and still do it .

No you are wrong here Brother. They did a LOT more than this and actually allowing HRC to PROMOTE another AWB was the icing on the cake for us. We would have NEVER took action if Crooked Hillary just went on stage to promote the protection of head injuries and PTSD which she was suppose to do in the first place and I told my staff to wait, to see what she would really do when the announcement was first made she would be speaking on Team Wendy's floor. Add that to the personal and terrible attack letter we received from TW in response to their action, then remarks removed from their Facebook Page at the onset, etc. etc. along with Team Wendy's CEO shaking hands with Hillary how she'd be a great President made my decision an easy one.

TNVC will NEVER look back and regret our decision never to carry them. I have never been in this business for the Almighty profit dollar and before you may think we may not have done much business with TW so it's no big deal? We were their largest "commercial dealer" at that time so yea we lost our share of sales and profits.

I will end with this, SOMEONE HAS TO STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT AND TO THE FAMILIES OF BENGHAZI for what crooked Hillary is legendary for what she did. Yet ANOTHER reason why TW was so wrong letting her speak if they are suppose to be pro-Vet. It was MORE than just some keeping some current and future contracts as you say, WAY MORE....NO, I am NOT pumping my chest that myself and TNVC were the only ones doing right, it was MY decision and mine alone to do what was right and if people out there think we did something wrong, so be it. But I'd rather go bankrupt than support ANY company to promote Hillary Clinton!

Happy Thanksgiving, especially to our honored Vets and their families out there who may be separated from their families supporting all of us. We have much to be thankful for, and we thank you most!

Last edited:
    What kind of mounts are you guys running with the soft cap? I am looking for a setup to run my pvs-14 and prefer to not wear a helmet and was looking at the soft cover on tnvc last night. And after reading what victor had to say on here I will absolutely be buying from them. As a current active army infantryman, nothing makes me more mad than companies that will support a corrupt bitch like Hillary just to make a buck.

Don’t read this as me slamming you. That was never my intention. I’m willing to say that you’re helmet is “un-tainted” because it was purchased before the HRC issue. My wife wanted a Suburban but I told her I refuse to buy GM / Chrysler vehicles because they accepted “bail out money” from Uncle Sam. Why should I buy a vehicle from someone who can’t make payroll?

I’m currently driving a Lincoln, but this is my last FoMoCo vehicle. If they’re going to continue to sponsor the NFL I’ll buy Toyota from now on.

-
    No worries buddy, I know you we not trying to bust my balls . Politics is plan slimy, And It no ones fault other than Wendy for turning my Helmet and best friend of the night, to the parallel equivalent of wearing the bastard love child of Hitler on top of my head .

What kind of mounts are you guys running with the soft cap? I am looking for a setup to run my pvs-14 and prefer to not wear a helmet and was looking at the soft cover on tnvc last night. And after reading what victor had to say on here I will absolutely be buying from them. As a current active army infantryman, nothing makes me more mad than companies that will support a corrupt bitch like Hillary just to make a buck.

Hey Brother, thank you for your service.

Based on budget, the Wilcox G11 that uses a standard PVS-14 arm works well for the price. OPS Core Skeleton Shroud also to round out the package for the Night Cap. There are several more choices such as the Rhino II and others. PM me if you like.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Wendy eXfil LTP is the most comfortable Bump helmet I wear .

My bro has an ops core and its not close IMO

Tho, the 4D pad set looks to be a huge upgrade for the ops core. No need in my LTP.

You can use any old helmet and get a ratchet strap and do so modifications.