• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bump to Top Question

ronas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
Charleston, South Carolina
Am I allowed to btt a thread that has not had any responses after a certain number of days; and if so how many days might that be.

I think I know rules for btt in for sale section but not sure about other sub forums.

If it's a regular thread not in the "for sale" section, you can bump it up as much as you want. But if it's not getting a whole lot of action then people just aren't interested in it or it has been covered a ton before.

I wish people would learn to eliminate 20-30 of their "BTT's" once in a while. Simply so that they 'prune themselves' of all the extraneous BS and we (the potential customer) can read all/any Pertinent information that may be added once in a while. But hey, that's just me.... simply a view from a person who buys from here, more that I sell.

Ignore as you will, and I will continue to do so, also.

There isn't a rule per se dealing with bumping a thread in the informational side of the forums in terms of only 1x per every 24hrs, etc., unlike the PX which has specific rules in that regard.

If it has been a while (like a couple days) without any responses to your OP, then I'd say its ok to just drop a post something to the effect of "Still hoping for some info on this topic. Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?" and see if that helps generate any input.

Like Blackout said though...if it isn't getting any responses...something is up as in its a dead horse that's been beaten, revived and beaten to death one many occasions. ;) Got a link to the topic you are concerned about?

Regardless of the subforum, I think that one bump per 24 hours is plenty.

If I see someone bumping their silly question every few hours - which almost invariably could be answered with a quick search - then I am much more likely to ignore it and move on than if someone exhibits even a modicum of patience.

There isn't a rule per se dealing with bumping a thread in the informational side of the forums in terms of only 1x per every 24hrs, etc., unlike the PX which has specific rules in that regard.

If it has been a while (like a couple days) without any responses to your OP, then I'd say its ok to just drop a post something to the effect of "Still hoping for some info on this topic. Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?" and see if that helps generate any input.

Like Blackout said though...if it isn't getting any responses...something is up as in its a dead horse that's been beaten, revived and beaten to death one many occasions. ;) Got a link to the topic you are concerned about?

I did do a search and found nothing. Not in a super hurry for response, just think it's good to know rules. If no responses I btt in a few days.

Thread is in link below:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ical-zoom-target-camera-anyone-using-one.html

These 1080P cameras have video outputs, USB port to run a battery to, and 20x to 30x optical zoom which is really what counts.

Last edited:
If you have to BTT discussion threads, take it as a hint: you ask shitty questions or what you find interesting is viewed as retarded by others. Ask me how I know this? That's right dude….first hand knowledge.

If you have to BTT discussion threads, take it as a hint: you ask shitty questions or what you find interesting is viewed as retarded by others. Ask me how I know this? That's right dude….first hand knowledge.

Well dude I don't know the intellectual level at which you function so I will not draw any negative conclusions from your post or make any rude or degrading comments about you.

I will mention that believe it or not there are new issues and not every question has been asked and answered.

In my case someone did ultimately respond to the questions raised in my post. He stated in part "I am working on the same problem..."

Last edited: