• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris 3-12x50 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm scope

mp45acp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2008
behind enemy lines, so.cal.
I am considering putting one of these on my rem 700 .308, Illumanated reticle model of the above, and need some opinions from those who have one or have used one.
thanks

Re: Burris 3-12x50 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm scope

I've owned mine for a little over 2 years. Works well, tough and good glass, NOT USO or Schmidt and Bender but still very nice. Now keep in mind the BDC is IPHY not true mil or MOA, but with a little practice with your load you can do accurate hold-overs and unders and be a knob twister in combination. IIRC The default calibration for the reticle for .308/7.62 is with 175gr pills at 2600 FPS, or a .223 77gr (forget the fps).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Burris 3-12x50 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm scope

I bought the olive drab, non-illuminated 3-12x50 XTR about 2-1/2 years ago and had it mounted on my 10FP and then my 5R. The glass was good for the money, and I never had any problems tracking with it. I definitely considered it a good buy.

I ended up selling it off, because I wanted a more dedicatied target-type scope and it funded my McM A4 purchase for the 5R.

Downsides is that they are a bit large and heavy, and the reticle is a bit thick for bullseye seeking (tactical work it would be great). I would get one again except for the fact that the price has gone up a bunch. I think it was a great scope for the $619 that I paid for mine, but now that the non-illuminated is creeping up on $800, I'd rather go with a new Sightron SIII or a slightly used Leupold.

YMMV