• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Ballistic Plex 4.5-14 MOA for the hash mar

toddconley

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Kentucky
What are the correct moa values for the balistic plexes in the burris scopes. Specifically the 4.5-14. I am looking at the site and it gives me reading for 100yds in inches. My coyote gun is a 223 tika t3 with a 8 twist. It shoots Black Hills 77 gr smks very well. Taking just a little time to today to take it out to 400 yds and confirm the trjectory. Zeroed at 200 the 1st tick is about 3 in low at 300. The 2nd must be somewhere around 350ish and the 3rd is dead on @ 400. The Black hills seems a little slower than it should be?

Re: Burris Ballistic Plex 4.5-14 MOA for the hash mar

Because this is a second focal plane reticle, and those subtensions would only be accurate at a particular power setting, I would want to test them myself.

Make up a target with alot of height, or multiple peices of paper. Make a mark near the top and additional marks every MOA below that....1.047" if you are testing at 100 yards.
Then from 100 yards, make note of where each reticle hash lands on your target when you hold center with the top mark.

This accomplishes three things.
1- It allows you to be sure of the subtensions.
2- It allows you to make note of what they are at other power settings....such as low power. This could be useful.
3-It allows you to be sure that the power setting that is recommended for reticle use is truly correct.

Then, of course, you will need to plot the trajectory of your load and you will know the exact distances those marks work for.