• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Blem Sale at Natchez

Thanks for the heads up!

Just to add:
Looks like they have 2
Both non-illum scr-mil reticle.

I was actually looking at the Athlon Ares ETR 3-18x50. Would this be an upgrade?

Reactions: Anb618
I have the XTRII 4-20 G2B and it makes a decent FFP hunting scope. I’d buy the refurb for $475.
take another 10% off and that is what i got it for... i have a 3-15 G2B and love it for hunting so when i saw this i decided to get the 4-20.

In summer 2019 you could get the XTRII after closeout price and 10% discount as a buy 1 get one free. I snagged 4 and a 1-5 XTRII and a Weaver tactical 3-15 illuminated that summer. Only regret was not picking up some Bushy ETs from Camera land that summer also. I think I paid $480 each for the 1-5 and 3-15 Weaver. I don’t think I paid over $505 for any of the 6 scopes. Poor people problems I guess.

Pros/cons of grabbing a blemished model(at least from Natchez)? All accessories, etc included?

Pros are a good price, can't think of any cons.

I was hoping they had an older 1-8 XTR2, damn.

I'm looking at the illuminated one. With my points I can get a new one for about $100 more.

Natchez has bought and sold Burris refurbished models for a long time, lots of models that are known pieces of shit like the fullfield 2's. Kind of interesting to see these pop up on there when Burris' #1 fanboy claims that returns/repairs are almost non existent...

What constitutes a blemished optic? Is it only external cosmetic blemishes? Or are there minor defects visible in the reticle/glass?

What constitutes a blemished optic? Is it only external cosmetic blemishes? Or are there minor defects visible in the reticle/glass?
I have got a few blemished Burris optics from Natchez, and in the past it has all been just a box that is damaged, and nothing visibly blemished on the scope. I am not saying they all will be this way, but the ones i got were this way. I am a little nervous getting a refurb, but the blemished ones i would get without thinking about it.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Thanks for the heads up!

Just to add:
Looks like they have 2
Both non-illum scr-mil reticle.
Natchez has bought and sold Burris refurbished models for a long time, lots of models that are known pieces of shit like the fullfield 2's. Kind of interesting to see these pop up on there when Burris' #1 fanboy claims that returns/repairs are almost non existent...

Mine came with a reconditioned sticker so it wasnt just a "blem" but something that got worked on I assume.

One thing I noticed right away is that the turret indicator to body connection has a fair amount of backlash, basically a clicks worth. The turret itself to this indicator ring is solid. Its the indicator ring to the scope body that wiggles. No idea on if this has any effect on its ability to hold what it should until I get it on a humbler this weekend but Im wondering if anyone elses has this?

I put a little pencil mark on the tube body so you can see its the thin ring itself that rotates
5FAB1BD2-9011-498D-B59D-E0A08E5A8B2A.jpeg

2E88D8DD-C9FE-4111-9F06-BD0D186118DD.jpeg

There is a small allen looking set screw on the opposite side which I assume locks this piece down but its so small none of my allens come even close to fitting to check for myself.

I would guess it should be glued in place. ITs a lot different set up than the 3-15 weaver I had, that the piece with the line came loose, then came off. But I just glued it back on with finger nail polish.

I would guess it should be glued in place. ITs a lot different set up than the 3-15 weaver I had, that the piece with the line came loose, then came off. But I just glued it back on with finger nail polish.
My athlon talos btr did the same thing also and I just super glued it in place (but not perfectly centered 🤫)

Sort of let down with my first xtr3 interaction even if it isn’t factory new.

Yea kind of a bummer, I could see how it would be easy to miss refurbishing a scope. Nail polish will give you some time to get it centered before it sticks.

Reactions: spife7980
@spife7980 Is the zero stop integral to that piece? I am not at home to go look at one. By the time you answer I probably will be. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes it is, its all one chunk on top of the scope body that wiggles, internal metal shaft wiggles with it.
Zero stop is the little metal protrusion with a matching stud on the cap.
image.jpg

I have a blem NF spotter. It has a light scratch on the power ring, about 1/4" long. That's it.

I can confirm that it does not effect point of aim. I didnt have a calibrated target or distance to measure the travel but I did clamp it down solid and confirmed that the only time the reticle moved was when a click was made, the reticle stayed still through out the wiggle back and forth.

So it really only will be a feels weird when Im making the first tenth of an adjustment when reversing direction issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: stanley_white
Took FedEx over 10 days to finally deliver mine. The cross hairs are a little thin at 3.3 to 6 power. Mine is just marked blem and the box is damaged. So far scope looks great. Will mount soon.

Reactions: Rebels010