• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Customer Services at its worst, please help/advise. (UPDATE: 09DEC23)

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    A few months back I had ordered (2) New Burris XTR Pro's direct from Burris and after my first outing with them I decided to give both scopes a cleaning, during the cleaning I noticed not just one of the Burris Pro's had debris inside both the Bell and Optical Lens but they both did to an extent it's was visually noticeable while using the Scopes.

Both scopes also suffered from gritty magnification rings that felt like they were rolling over gravel and one had a issue with the parallax not being properly calibrated.

I contacted Burris Customer service and informed them of the issues, they were extremely helpful and sent a prepaid return label, and off they went.

About three weeks later I received a email stating the issues had been fixed and they would soon be on their way. I contacted Burris and to make sure all the issues were addressed, the customer service rep was extremely helpful and even went in back to physically verifie both scopes were repaired and there was no debris inside the scopes. You would imagine my surprise after receiving both scopes back that they still had debris inside on all lenses and only one of the magnification rings was fixed.

So I contacted them again, and just like before the customer service rep was polite and helpful and agreed there most be some issues in the clean rooms and the repair techs missed the magnification ring issue. Again they offered the prepaid shipping label but this time would send out new scopes. Outstanding!! I even told them that I will be using these scope for a Review on Snipershide for a Custom JP LRI-20 and I would make sure to mention their Outstanding customer service 👏 👏👏and out they went again!

Three days again I received another email that said they were sending out my scopes, and just like last time I called and verified that they were sending out two new scopes. Once I reached Customer Service they again verified that was the case and I thanked them again for the outstanding support.

And that brings us to today about a hour ago I received both scopes back and guess what?, yup! same two scopes only this time obviously nothing was repaired just sent back to me just like they left.

Again I called Customer service, this time I got Shawn on the line told him who I was and that the exact same Scopes that I had just returned came back to me not the new ones.
    Sean was immediately defensive and stated that on their side the system says two new scopes were sent out, and all he could do is send another shipping label.... Oh Joy! As I try to explain to him that these are definitely my old scopes he decided to cut me off and hang up.

Ok.. Shawn is having a bad day, so I called back again and Shawn picked up so I asked him why he hung up on me and he said I was arguing with him, well yes I was because I was trying to explain that these are definitely my old scopes because I took photos of the serial # on both before I sent them back last time and you can still see the ring marks, the caps that I marked and the blue painters tape I used to seal them up.

20231116_173924.jpg
    20231116_174144.jpg

20231116_174208.jpg

20231116_174601.jpg

At this point instead of dealing with Shawn's bullshit and piss poor customer service I asked to speak to his supervisor (Yup total Karen move!) But at this point it's my only option, Shawn states he's not available, cool I'll wait! Then Shawn says he's not here now...lol Okay and again I ask to speak to ANY supervisor because this bullshit needs to be resolved, Shawn replies then don't be our Customer and hangs up.

Did Burris merge with Larue?? What in the actual fuck?

Last edited:
    Yikes. @Birddog6424
    Sorry to drag you into this but you have the Burris logo in your profile pic and seem to be affiliated with them.

This sounds like my Weatherby MK-V warranty experience, except they straight-up said they didn't make mistakes, called me a liar, and told me to fuck off, and hung up the phone... Ask Shawn did he work for Weatherby about 10 years ago? 😂

Here is the repair receipt from the first time I sent them in ( Look at those serial #'s)
    Screenshot_20231116_185033_Gallery.jpg

20231116_182447.jpg

And the most recent return slip.
    Screenshot_20231116_184148_Gallery.jpg

Yup same scopes....

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Did anybody tell you that their wife shot better with open sights and scopes weren’t needed for hunting? That’s what I was told 18 or 19 years ago by a Burris rep. I’ve emailed them about replacing scope caps on my XTRIIs when they were new and I got crickets. I see things haven’t changed depending on which way the wind is blowing. Must be stressed out from being short handed due to hunting season. Can’t blame the China virus anymore.

Hate to hear that.
    Dealt with them once and was a very happy customer.

I bought a C35 and submitted the rebate info within the time asked to do so. (Submit receipt and proof off box I believe, it was 2 different pics that had ti be downloaded in a link online).

So I did it and it went through so far as I knew. I didn't get anything and when I went to ask about it they initially said "they didn't have where I sent it in". After a few more emails and people, after someone finally actually looked, they did in fact have where I sent in one of the two required docs but not the other. I pointed out that they were both done at once and I had the receipt still (the one they said was not submitted). They informed me that it was now outside the window to submit anything so I was screwed.

There was no way to know if they did in fact only receive the proof off the box at the time, and because I could easily produce the receipt and they could see themselves that I did submit it in the time period, I feel as though it's pretty clear and they should honor what they said. They couldn't have cared less about any of it and it took multiple people and complaints for them to even look and see anything on their end. It was crappy and it will end my purchase of anything steiner or Burris.

I didn't come on here and make some big stink about it and raise hell, but the facts are pretty clear and their submittal process requires both items to be downloaded before it would even accept and submittal so I don't even think it's possible to submit just one even if I had tried to.

Just not the type outfit I want to spend thousands of dollars with.

I’ve said it time and time again… Burris is garbage. Funny how Burris_Dawg is always MIA on the threads like these but is always there in the threads to talk people into buying this junk saying they’re just as good as USA and Japanese scopes costing half again to twice as much.

To out and lie to a customer about having new scopes sent out when they clearly received their old shit is a little over the top. And the service guys just sending them out like that, it must be good enough by their standards. Fuck that company.

I’ve said it time and time again… Burris is garbage. Funny how Burris_Dawg is always MIA on the threads like these but is always there in the threads to talk people into buying this junk saying they’re just as good as USA and Japanese scopes costing half again to twice as much.

To out and lie to a customer about having new scopes sent out when they clearly received their old shit is a little over the top. And the service guys just sending them out like that, it must be good enough by their standards. Fuck that company.
    Remember just because a company is based in the USA, it doesn't mean it isn't staffed by Mexicans....

@D_TROS hopefully you or Birddog can help this gentleman.

Burris seems to have earned a decent reputation with the XTR 3/Pro would be a Shane to see it ruined by a single bad CS experience.

Reactions: D_TROS
    Damn! That dude would be fired on the spot for treating a customer that way. We’re not talking about some 500$ scopes here. Two xtr pros are a significant investment. They are the flagship of the company, I’d think they’d be immaculate after being sent back for cleaning, then to just blatantly lie about the two new scopes. I hate hearing this.

Reactions: Rob01
    I can tell you. Something has changed within Steiner/Burris ops about a year or two ago and NOT for the better …

Steiner had one of lasers for 2-3 months with no comms until I demanded a replacement which then took 4 weeks to process …

Sad to see it … but this kind of stuff has become the norm in many firearms companies …

I'm guessing this will mean Vortex gets even more popular.
    And, in the long run, it only cost Vortex a little, compared to what they got in return.

Vortex gets a well earned parade down a rose covered main street from their adoring fans.

Burris gets coveralls, shovels, rolling garbage cans and last place in the parade behind the elephants. What dolts.

And, in the long run, it only cost Vortex a little, compared to what they got in return.

Vortex gets a well earned parade down a rose covered main street from their adoring fans.

Burris gets coveralls, shovels, rolling garbage cans and last place in the parade behind the elephants. What dolts.

As it should be when you actually give a shit about your customers and want them to continue to be your customer.

I’m not a Vortex fanboy by any means but they have some good stuff in their Razor line that’s better than anything Burris has ever produced… including their Steiner line. Vortex has some lower lines that are comparable to Burris lines. Regardless of what you buy though they stand behind it. They would have never pulled this shit.

On a different note, did you take a dremel to the elevation and power knob on that one scope to make the black in the area that was red?

No! its a water based paint pen, wipes right off.. plus when I sent it back I told them that was on it and they said not to worry about it.
    20231117_090526.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: BurtG
    Oh man. I’m disappointed to read this. I have been very happy with my 2 4-20x XTR II’s and a 3.3-18x US made XTR III. I have had a Pro sitting in my cart for Black Friday hoping for a deal or something but now I’m second guessing that I should get another minox LR instead.

There has only been three optic companies that have never stabbed me in the back:

Vortex
    Bushnell (Elite Tactical lineup)
    NF

Reactions: Jsp556 and Brym427
    Oh man. I’m disappointed to read this. I have been very happy with my 2 4-20x XTR II’s and a 3.3-18x US made XTR III. I have had a Pro sitting in my cart for Black Friday hoping for a deal or something but now I’m second guessing that I should get another minox LR instead.

Yeah I was very excited to try The Pro Line out, on paper it checks all the boxes..

Locking diopter
    Throw lever
    Quality Flip up scope caps
    American made.
    The 1/4 Mil Reticle is fantastic
    Customizable turret..

Well, you know what they say? never meet your Heroes...

You say some really dumb shit on here most of the time that people ignore. To say their stuff is trash adds to it. There are way too many XTR2's, 3's and other products of theirs running 100% to even think that BS.

Back away from the keyboard, lol.

Well I was wanting to purchase one for something made in the US. Guess I am going to pass on doing that.

Update:

Got a call from the shift supervisor Shelby, Frank, he's personally sending out 2 new Scopes. Once they arrive I'll inspect the new scopes and send back the defective scopes.
    I am glad they came through. But I still do not like you had to resort to coming here for it to get fixed. Or however it got fixed

Something is happening across the board as far as employee and customer service. It’s very likely the worker didn’t do shit to the scopes and just sent them back. Supervisors and higher ups typically just trust the worker’s judgment and don’t worry about checking. Ever since Covid people just don’t care anymore if they have a job or not.
    Fast food service sucks. I heard a worker at McDonald’s tell her supervisor to shut the fuck up! And he did, lol he walked away.
    Shipping providers sucks.
    Walmart sucks.
    Everything sucks!
    Nobody gives a shit anymore. Hopefully Burris will make this right, I’ve had nothing but good luck with Burris CS thru the years, admittedly I haven’t dealt with them post Covid, and my xtr3 5.5-30 is pretty nice, I nit pick scopes and it gets 9 out of 10 for me.

Last edited:
    This sounds like the Burris CS I’m used to, sending two out before they get theirs back.

I actually requested that, in light of what has transpired with Burris I told them I didn't feel comfortable sending in yet again the defective Scopes until I got the new ones.

I'm really hoping this is a isolated event but the more research I do the more it seems to be a common occurrence.

The shift supervisor did mention that some of the CS reps work from home, there's definitely a breakdown somewhere.

I dealt with their service dept just this summer when my XTR3 needed repair from damage I inflicted. It was a positive experience with things fixed promptly and at no charge which I didn't expect.

This is disappointing to hear but I'll still likely be looking at getting a Pro in the near future. Stories like this come up sometimes and its to be expected since people aren't infallible.

Reactions: cuz
    Hope that Burris wasn't purchased by TEG. :LOL:

Seriously though, hope you get it worked out and receive two GTG replacements.

TM6