• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris eliminator 3

bowfinger

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2012
Great Falls, MT.
Has anyone had a chance to see or use the new burris eliminator 3? I hunt out in open range in Montana and do a lot of shooting between 300-700yrds. Seems like it would be useful......Thanks

Re: Burris eliminator 3

I really don't think anyone has one yet.
From the specs on their site, I am looking forward to giving one a run when they are ready

I thought It was not going to be available until summer of this year?

Unless I hear something negative about it I'm going to get one and give it a try. T thought the official release date was May?

It will likely be a little later than that.
"Murphy" likes to show up everywhere, especially in new products.

I've messed around with every version before they came out to the public, their factory is right down the road and I shoot at their range but I've never had hands on a finished/retail version. I like the idea more than I like the actual product but only because it's pretty bulky and heavy but it ranges good to 800yrd on hair and is a little hit and miss beyond that. I like how you can load in your own tables and get instant solutions. It's great and have used it for hunting the plains for speed goats and the like so if your using it in the open up there in Montana it's going to be perfect but it's no go in the forest/dark timber where the range is <50yrds 'cus you don't need to range in there anyway and really any scope is pointless. If they could put it on a diet it would be a no brainer.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm sure if I search the forum I'll find plenty of info. of the Barrett BORS system but my question is: Practically speaking when long distance hunting does their effectiveness over lap much or does the BORS blow the Eliminator 3 away?...................Thanks.....

What max distances do you want to practice and hunt at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowfinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the advice! I'm sure if I search the forum I'll find plenty of info. of the Barrett BORS system but my question is: Practically speaking when long distance hunting does their effectiveness over lap much or does the BORS blow the Eliminator 3 away?...................Thanks..... </div></div>

I'd start out with it on my 300 WHBY MAG at no more than 1200 yrds? Ideally, I'd like to be more consistant at shooting 800-1000yrds............Thanks