• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Eliminator III on POF P308 AR-10

Guyotrd

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
I was thinking of replacing my Bushnell 6500 elite 2.5x16x50 with an Eliminator III - 3x12x44 which I already own, on my POF P308 Semi Auto Piston gun with a 20" barrel.

They seem to get criticized fairly often but I have yet to read about them failing. The glass is good enough and the rangefinder seems to function flawlessly. I will need Piccatiny Risers and don't know which ones are the best value - Larue seems the best but is expensive and AMazon had really cheap ones. Burris also told me to stay away from theirs which I appreciated the honesty.

It seems that if you were ever in an actual battle you could engage targets solo, extremely fast and accurate at all different ranges out to 750 yds with the scope and an accurate semi-auto - my gun can shoot half in groups with someone better than me shooting it.

For hunting the 308 drops quite a bit at long range and since I am only getting 2578 fps with ELD X 178's in the 20 in barrel - it seems like it would be a killing machine to be able to push a range button and pull the trigger out to 750 yds depending on what I was hunting (300yds max for Elk) . Follow up shots would also be as fast as you could re-acquire the target which is pretty fast since the gun soaks up a lot of recoil and I have a Thunderbeast.

I would greatly appreciate and opinions on this idea.