• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Extreme rings

Re: Burris Extreme rings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utnapishtim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine do. </div></div>

+1
That gap has been there with both the 1" and 30mm sets I've owned. I'm a big fan of the rings. NEVER had a set leave rings marks on a scope's tube or had problems with them.

If there was no gap when you properly torqued them, then they wouldnt be clamping on the scope tube. The gap is clearence for the two halves to be torqued to the scope tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utnapishtim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine do. </div></div>

+1
That gap has been there with both the 1" and 30mm sets I've owned. I'm a big fan of the rings. NEVER had a set leave rings marks on a scope's tube or had problems with them. </div></div>

I've seen some bad mouthing about these rings (with no evidence) but my experience is like the one above except considering myself a fan. I've just never thought about it.
I have them on my budget rig. They have a lot of screws.

I wasnt sure on wether or not there should be a gap .... I asked before I installed so that way I would know .... dont crank it down till they touch THEN check torque.

There IS a gap .... and for the record thats with 20 inch pounds of torque cause my wrench doesnt go to 15.

I've got 2 sets on AR's with no problems whatsoever. Torqued w/playin card in between top and bttm.

Yep mine are on a Rem 700P holding a Leupold VX-III and they are torqued to 20inch pounds and have a gap on each side. They have about 120 rounds on them now and no issues what so ever. And yes they do have a lot of screws. So do the ones Millett sends with their LRS-1.