• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Extreme Steel Rings With Inserts.

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    A PM II 5-25 is coming in tomorrow. I' thinking of putting on my TRG-42 in .338LM. The TRG came with a OMOA rail and these would allow me to build some cant with the inserts. Has anybody used these rings on a heavy recoiling rifle? Your results?

I got this wrong from the get-go. The XTR Signature rings are aluminum, the Extreme 34mm.s are steel but no inserts. My interest is the XTR Signatures with inserts.

I run the xtr signature rings on a 338lm and have had zero issues so far, only 200-300 rds. the 30mm which I have are made in China, but I have no complaints of the quality of them, seems like a really nice set of rings to me. the 34mm are made in the usa

I run 230gr Berger Hybrids through my 300 Norma mag. 92.6 grs of RE33. I have a 33oz 5-25 XTR II clamped by the Signature Series rings and used them to add another 10 MoA to the 20 MoA built into the Defiance action. It's a good set up. I have had zero issues with the rings.

Guys, thanks for posting your experiences. Birddog, which height are you using on what rifle. The XTRII has a 56mm objective and 34mm tube if I remember correctly.

Guys, thanks for posting your experiences. Birddog, which height are you using on what rifle. The XTRII has a 56mm objective and 34mm tube if I remember correctly.

The XTR II is a 50mm objective with a 34mm tube. I'm running the 1.5". Mostly due to the chassis I have it in, which has a handguard.

With a regular stock I would think the 1" height rings would work just fine.

81BuBz3.jpg

7jRPbTk.jpg

Thanks for all the input. I've used the Signature Z-rings and like the system but those were on a .22. It appears the new XTRs have no problem with recoil. Birddog, please check you PMs.