• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes BURRIS MTAC 1-4X24 ? Advice

Stalpeth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Metropolis, IL
Anyone have any input on this settup? Building a new Ar and will be primarily be shooting from 100-200 yards and have been considering this but I do not have any past experience with burris optics or their mounts. Are these clear, dependable, quality, or should I go another route like vortex, leupold or acog. Thanks

Model: MTAC
Type: Rifle Scope
Power: 1-4X
Objective: 24
Reticle: Ballistic CQ 5.56
Finish/Color: Matte
Size: 30mm
Accessories: FastFire II & P.E.P.R. Mount
Description: Illuminated Reticle

Re: BURRIS MTAC 1-4X24 ? Advice

The Mtac is great for what it is (if that's the reticle you like) so is the Fastfire II. The combination when buying with the PEPR mount is a great deal and you often save a lot of money. The glass is clear and the illumination is good-

If you're contemplating an Acog I wouldn't compare them though, that's a whole different ballpark. If you're going to run a mini reflex like an RMR or FastFire do you still want a variable down to 1x? Will be much clearer than Burris, but its more than 3 times the price...

Everything you're looking at is quite different...
Do you have certain needs or requirements?

I have been using a Tac30 for a little over a year on my patrol rifle. I could not be happier. Its been beat on very hard, and has never given a hint of any sort of issue.

I have the PEPR mount, which I really don't care for, and will be replaced with a Larue next month.

Thanks for your input guys. I guess I will just have to keep studing and make up my mind. I don't think I would use the Fastfire but could use it on another gun.

I like the MTAC, the glass is good for the money. I don't think the illumination is as daytime bright as it could be, it would be perfect if it was Aimpoint bright..