• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris or Sightron?

longshooter70

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2010
Cullman, AL
Looking for a new scope. Have narrowed down between Burris Black Diamond or Sightron Slll. In your opinion, which is the best for the money, looking at ~ $800.00.
Scope will be used for both F/TR and hunting.

Thanks

Re: BURRIS OR SIGHTRON?

Don't know much about the Burris. But a friend of mine has a SIII on his 50bmg barret auto. The thing is holding its on and the tracking as spot on. I also shoot with some guys that run them. I guess what I'm saying is if you had one of each in your hands and told me I could have one it'd be the SIII. This is just the knowledge I have of the two.

Someone chime in on the Burris line. I'd like to hear about them.

For 800$ you may want to look at the used ones here on the hide or check with Mark's outdoors in Hoover, AL.

Seems pretty even so far. Anyone care to state why they chose the one they did? I would appreciate the input. Thanks..

I've got a burris timberline on my ar-15 and it's been a really good scope. The glass is very good so I'd say give it a try. I've also got a leopuld mark 4 and compared them and honestly can't say which looks better. The Burris is also a 40mm objective lens. As long as it tracks and doesn't tear up is my main concerns.

I only have experience with the Sightron SIII. I use mine for F class also and have never felt like I didn't have the equipment to get the job done. The glass is pretty good and as others have said, it tracks like a champ. I would not hesitate to buy another. If they had more exposed turret models and turrets and reticles that matched, I would probably own more of them.

I have two SIII 6-24x50 Mildots. One on my bolt gun and the other on an AR. The tracking is great and the glass is the best I have looked through.(I haven't looked through the SBs, USO, and other top of the line stuff). I like them a lot.

I hear their warranty is really good also. I think the Sightron 6-24x50 LRMD is the way I'm headed. Thanks for all the info. Any body had any warranty work done by Burris? Again, Thanks!!!

I had a Burris sig. a long time ago, wasn't the greatest piece of glass, but it always worked. I will say their cust service is amazing! I has a terrible mishap (.50BMG fell over and landed scope down on concrete) glass cracked, they repaired it and shipped back, no problem, and fast. I haven't looked through one of the new ones so I couldn't tell you about them.

I have both Sightrons and burris. Go with Sightron, as to why if all else was equal between Sightron and Burris such as built, glass, and price Sightron company would be ahead in the warranty and customer service department...just my 2 cents.

I have the sightron 6-24 LRMD on a bolt gun. The glass to me is as nice as my Zeiss conquest. I like the fact that it has 100 moa of adjustment. So far the scope seems repeatable, I have taken it out to 1100 yards then back to 100 with it returning to the same poi. The 100 moa was what made me go with the sightron.

I have both a Sightron 6-24 and a Burris Black Diamond 8-32. Both are terrific scopes but, I think the Sightron is a little bit nicer overall. Bigger turrets, more adjustment, glass is seems better. The Burris is still however, a terrific optic.