• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Burris PEPR?

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
I am wondering who uses, or has used, the Burris PEPR mount for a secondary red dot for shooting yotes. I just got Burris Fastfire and am still looking at mounting options. I would like to offset it but don't have any room on my rail with my current Rock River scope mount. PEPR seems like an easy fix but I know easy isnt always best. Thanks.

Re: Burris PEPR?

I've used the PEPR quite a bit and have been very happy with it. For under $100 its a pretty solid mount and the pic tops make a smooth transtion from MRD to primary optic. Nice solid lock up on the rail and didnt need to lap the rings but it was habit anyway.

Trevor B

The PEPR is Chinese, if that matters to you. The quality of it is ok, but not on par with the more expensive/higher end "unimount" type affairs.

I have several ADM mounts that I use for my AR's, I have used two NightForce Unimounts as well as a couple different Aimpoint mounts from ADM and Daniel Defense. Then I installed two Burris PEPR mounts on two rifles of my buddies. WOW what a difference. The PEPR just feels cheap. The levers feel like they are going the pop off as soon as you start to tighten them up. I was not impressed at all and I would not recommend them to anyone. Just spend a little more and get a La Rue or a ADM. Brownells has good prices on the ADM stuff if you open an account. Or use a coupon from Midway.

Then for your Burris I would look at the Predator Tactical mount here...
http://www.predatortactical.com/Optics-Sights-Mounts/GEN-2-Burkett-JP-DOC-OffSet-Mount-p37.html

You have to read through the description but it will fit the Burris FastFire. This style offset mount is easier to use and still provides a proper cheek weld vs sitting the optic way up top above the scope where you can't get any kind of normal cheek weld.

For optic mounts it really is best to cry once over a little extra money spend rather than being a cheap ass. And trust me, I'm a total cheap ass so I know. I've been burned a bunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The PEPR is Chinese, if that matters to you. The quality of it is ok, but not on par with the more expensive/higher end "unimount" type affairs.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The PEPR is Chinese, if that matters to you. The quality of it is ok, but not on par with the more expensive/higher end "unimount" type affairs.</div></div>

Thanks Turbo. It does somewhat matter. My local shop has the the PEPR. I try to support them as much as I can. They can usually order about anything for me. Any suggestions? Thanks again, Ryan

I have a PEPR on my compettion AR I used the the one with half inch nuts not the throw levers. it is not the quality of say
the Warne Ramp mount but it is plenty good for my use it comes with 2 sets of caps the one with the pic rails and ones without I used the slick top ones for clean look. If you want a throw lever mount look I would suggest GG&G.

Thanks to all. My Burris Fastfire should be here this week. Gonna to move my Burris Fulfield to AR w/ Fastfire and pick up a PEPR at my local shop. Might as well keep it all in the Burris family for the R15. Thanks again.

Here it is...
4AE027E8.jpg

I have 5 of the PEPR mounts so far im happy with them.. They are no LaRue but for the price they are decent mounts.

PEPR mount was flimsy and cheap feeling. I was scared to torque to specs, but I got one after havinga a larue. maybe I was spoiled.

I know the OP got his mount and there were a lot of good posts. But incase someone is looking for something Made in the USA and of good quality with a good price... I can suggest this mount from Weaver. I installed one on a customer's gun that they bought looking for a budget mount. I was really impressed. Its sturdy, light and the locking nuts are pretty slick. You finger lighten them, then there is a jam nut that is tightened by using the included allen key into a hole drilled into the round jam nut. Mounted up a new scope and had it zeroed with 3 clicks of elevation.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/171003/...top-ar-15-matte

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carvercalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 5 of the PEPR mounts so far im happy with them.. They are no LaRue but for the price they are decent mounts. </div></div>

I have 2 ( 1/2 " nut variety) and they don't feel cheap to me. Yes they aren't the same quality as my La Rue, but for the $$$ they are hard to beat.

I would add a little cash and wait for a Larue or even an ADM Recon.