• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BURRIS please!!! Make a fixed 10x

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    IN THE NAME OF ALL SCOPE DEITIES!

Can you make a fixed 10x XTR III with a simple tree reticle and a zerostop?

For under $1k?

I’m about to start trolling the email or throw a rally on your doorstep in Greeley!

Reactions: AustinTom
    Why?

Let me know how that rally goes. Other than you and me, how many more people do you think will buy it?

This would make no commercial sense at all. People in the modern world simply do not buy fixed power scopes very much.

SWFA does well with their fixed poweor scopes, but they are mostly in the $300-$400 and they do not need to invest anything into development. If they had to re-invent them, the price would go up substantially to justify that.

That having been said, if you want to lobby SWFA to make a version of their fixed power 10x42 with zero stop and tree reticle you might have better luck. Since they do not need to design a new scope, it is less of an investment for them.

ILya

No thanks. My vehicles have multiple gears to make sure I'm at the proper RPM for a given situation, a scope needs the same adaptability to be worth buying.

Fixed scopes mean you go with SWFA.

Burris needs to focus on their current scopes.

I think the plate is pretty full. Between the XTR3 release, the illuminated versions in the spring, and the development of a new tactical line, they have plenty to keep them busy.

For under $1k?

I’m about to start trolling the email or throw a rally on your doorstep in Greeley!
    You might be better off reaching out to the likes of Primary Arms, especially if the could design it to have a resemblance to the Unertl except in mil/mil with the better reticle

For under $1k?

Doesn't US Optics make this?

Why?

Let me know how that rally goes. Other than you and me, how many more people do you think will buy it?

This would make no commercial sense at all. People in the modern world simply do not buy fixed power scopes very much.

SWFA does well with their fixed poweor scopes, but they are mostly in the $300-$400 and they do not need to invest anything into development. If they had to re-invent them, the price would go up substantially to justify that.

That having been said, if you want to lobby SWFA to make a version of their fixed power 10x42 with zero stop and tree reticle you might have better luck. Since they do not need to design a new scope, it is less of an investment for them.

ILya

Trust me man. I really wish they would, I have the 10 X fix power on my 223, I use it 99% of the time. I know they even make one with HD glass, but they have repeatedly said they are never going to upgrade the reticle. I love SWFA. But they are about 10 years behind everybody else with that scope. Nothing against it, I will always have an SWF a. I just think it would be cool to have a huge field of you like the XTR3 in a fixed power with amazing glass.

A zero stop with a big field of view and HD glass in a fixed power I think would be a good niche market Scope if it was under $1k.

If a 10x would do most things you want, wouldn't a 2.5-15x do everything better?

I don't think fixed power scopes are any more robust than variables at this point. Technology has come a long way with the variable optics. My fixed power Burris 2.75x Scout succumbed to my M14 Scout recently and it wasn't shot very much.

Burris did make a fixed 10x XTR in the 1st Gen line. They didn't sell well and had issues.

Get a 2.5-10 or a 3-12, your field of view should still be pretty good at those magnification ranges.

Just bought another Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 today...… when it's mounted I'll shoot it on 10x a couple of times in your honor..... when I bore sight it. ;)

I though people said those Burris 10x scopes were good at the times they were quite inexpensive. Or was that Bushnell Tactical 10X40 I don't really remember.

Mixed turrets and reticle, turrets didn't track well, I saw issues returning to zero, reticles coming loose.

I will take a fixed 10 IF done correctly. The best shooters I know, run the same power99% of the time. Straight 10x would be awesome with a wide field of view. Tree reticle. Matched Turrets with zero stop.

I put together a Grendel for my brother and put an SWFA 10x on it. I just wish it had a tree reticle and zero stops.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Worst idea ever. They can't even get the models they have out in a timely manner let alone adding more to it