• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris rebate finally came

eodusa

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2008
af2c3bd2d304d814e756d119152d5fd6.jpg
. It’s easy to miss in the mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to wait 6-8 months for mine. I sold my scope a year after receiving my rebate. I owned my 5-25x50, for 18 months. It served it purpose on my savage fcp-sr in 308(Helped me win my first comp), then a Ruger RPR and I have been buying less expensive scopes since to find a happy middle ground. With having a Gen 2 razor before the XTR, it was hard to love the glass. The Athlon Cronus did revive a little faith in less expensive glass after the XTR, compared to Razor. I sold both and kept the Razor. In reguards to value Sig Sauer Tango 4(2x), PST gen 2 and Athlon Ares have impressed me, in that order for the $.

Glass value:
1.PST gen2
2.Tango 4
3.ARES close to both

Distant 4/5 XTR

I do apologize for adding to you rebate talk. I almost missed mine as it looked like a post card. I'm not bashing the XTR it functions perfectly, in reguards to function and return to Zero. I never tall target tested to see exact % of error, or lack of in tracking. It jived with the solutions out of the G7-BR2(1st gen) to a 1000 yards or so with my 308. Never fully tested or competed with the RPR in 6.5 to see. Nether Scope/rifle/round/me, would give me first round hit out at 1200 yards

Mine showed up a month ago, about 3 months after I bought the scope I think. I definitely wasn’t expecting it on a postcard, and you’re right it would be really easy for it to get tossed with the junk mail. My bank teller looked at it kind of funny when I deposited it.

I had to wait 6-8 months for mine. I sold my scope a year after receiving my rebate. I owned my 5-25x50, for 18 months. It served it purpose on my savage fcp-sr in 308(Helped me win my first comp), then a Ruger RPR and I have been buying less expensive scopes since to find a happy middle ground. With having a Gen 2 razor before the XTR, it was hard to love the glass. The Athlon Cronus did revive a little faith in less expensive glass after the XTR, compared to Razor. I sold both and kept the Razor. In reguards to value Sig Sauer Tango 4(2x), PST gen 2 and Athlon Ares have impressed me, in that order for the $.

Glass value:
1.PST gen2
2.Tango 4
3.ARES close to both

Distant 4/5 XTR

I do apologize for adding to you rebate talk. I almost missed mine as it looked like a post card. I'm not bashing the XTR it functions perfectly, in reguards to function and return to Zero. I never tall target tested to see exact % of error, or lack of in tracking. It jived with the solutions out of the G7-BR2(1st gen) to a 1000 yards or so with my 308. Never fully tested or competed with the RPR in 6.5 to see. Nether Scope/rifle/round/me, would give me first round hit out at 1200 yards

Which magnification Tango 4 scope did you have? With these kind of prices, i tend to go with experience, a friend had an XTR and let me try it - it had a nice eyebox for me. Some one should provide a rental service for these things....like trying on a suit first.

I have a tango 4-16x44 on my 308 gaser and a 6-24x50 on my 308 bolt, both MOA Dev-L FFP. Both have good enough glass for the price. I'm loving the dot center and would love to buy a Vortex AMG when they are released with the new ERB-7B or C, not sure which one has the center dot instead of the cross hair?

Sig tango 4 has better glass than XTR IMHO. For less $. PST gen2 is better than all talked about for the $. Better knobs, glass, not sure about the zero stop yet?

I'm not an expert. This is my personal experience.

Edit: I started with the 3-12x42 in the moa milling reticle and it sold me on the glass to weight ratio(24oz). I sold it here on the hide and moved on to the Dev-L reticle in MOA.

I shot with guys this summer that have sold Razor gen 2's and gone with the Tango 6 line. They told me, they thought it had the best glass they have ever seen bar none.

I've been begging LowLight to give an actual review of the scope he has had for over a year +. All I've seen from him is a couple sentences saying it's nice. What Gives?

Last edited:
Not much input on the rebate I'm afraid. That's kinda funny that it comes like that though.

As far as glass goes though, for the life of me I have no idea how anyone can tell the difference between a PST Gen II and an XTR II. Both are spec glass made in the Phillipines at the same price point. It's extremely unlikely that different coatings or processes are being used. Based on discussions I have had with folks who know how this works, it doesn't work that way. I've compared the two on several occasions now, the last time with four different guys looking at a fresh painted plate at 500 yards with a single bullet impact. We were looking at the black mark and streaking. And a dark sagebrush limb at 300 yards against a yellow cheatgrass backdrop, then the cheatgrass stalks themselves.

It looked to me with those particular scopes that the Burris had slightly (mostly insignificantly) better brightness. But according to all four participants, color and clarity, the ability to distinguish fine detail, was an absolute dead heat. Side by side they are so close I don't know how anyone would tell them apart.

And I'm a Burris guy, but I'm not blind. I have and continue to compare the XTR II to every scope under the sun at every opportunity I get. And I always invite bystanders. Lot's of folks see glass differently so it does no good to try to convince anyone otherwise. But that's what I'm seeing so far.

The turrets are still much nicer on the Burris. I see universal agreement there with everyone who has compared them with me. The PST Gen II turret is larger, but it doesn't feel much better than the Gen I. It's clicky and cheap feeling. Not solid. And it turns way too easy making it easy to bump.

I've played with a few of the Sig's. But mostly the Tango 6, which I agree is a very nice scope.

I bought my scope in may, 2015. I received my rebate December/January. I did call and check on the status a few times. They told me that more people where taking advantage of it then they anticipated. They told me thats whey it was taking so long for it to come to me in the mail. With the rebate it does bump the scope into a little more aaffordable price that is appropriate price point for the product . Hence, they are offering this again to help drum up sales for the company and retailers.

I did give thought to purchasing a 4-20 xtr before all of these value priced option started coming out from Athlon, Sig and revamped PST line.

I have shot with some great shooter and they have scored this model in the $700-$800 range on closeout and that's a steal of a price.

The XTR 2 line was the one that kicked off the trend of affordable FFP scopes at a reasonable $. I commend them for doing that. Kudos!!

I did shoot with my parallax on 200 Y and still hit targets at 800 with no problems. By mistake, in the heat of competition.

The glass to me is just a little milky/foggy coming off my Gen 2 razor and Athlon Cronus(sold) side by side shooting. I can't compare to my sig tango 4 lines or athlon ares scope and pst 2, since it has long been sold.

I think more manufacturers should offer more rebates for consumers. Most manufacturers keep Map pricing a little high so retailers rake in profits. Athlon has shaken up the optics world and more quality is delivered to the consumer for less $.

I do agree with Birddog about the PST2 turrets turning to easily. While in the field I have experience it turning as much as 2-3 Moa.

It's definitely a fantastic buyers market these days. There are legions of great scopes to choose from.

And everyone can find one to make them happy in their price range. I think the $800 to $1200 price point has a ton of great scopes from a variety of manufacturers.

I know Burris blew out a LOT of scopes during the rebate period. It's always nice for the consumer to save a few shekels.

I bought my scope in may, 2015. I received my rebate December/January. I did call and check on the status a few times. They told me that more people where taking advantage of it then they anticipated. They told me thats whey it was taking so long for it to come to me in the mail. With the rebate it does bump the scope into a little more aaffordable price that is appropriate price point for the product . Hence, they are offering this again to help drum up sales for the company and retailers.

I did give thought to purchasing a 4-20 xtr before all of these value priced option started coming out from Athlon, Sig and revamped PST line.

I have shot with some great shooter and they have scored this model in the $700-$800 range on closeout and that's a steal of a price.

The XTR 2 line was the one that kicked off the trend of affordable FFP scopes at a reasonable $. I commend them for doing that. Kudos!!

I did shoot with my parallax on 200 Y and still hit targets at 800 with no problems. By mistake, in the heat of competition.

The glass to me is just a little milky/foggy coming off my Gen 2 razor and Athlon Cronus(sold) side by side shooting. I can't compare to my sig tango 4 lines or athlon ares scope and pst 2, since it has long been sold.

I think more manufacturers should offer more rebates for consumers. Most manufacturers keep Map pricing a little high so retailers rake in profits. Athlon has shaken up the optics world and more quality is delivered to the consumer for less $.

I do agree with Birddog about the PST2 turrets turning to easily. While in the field I have experience it turning as much as 2-3 Moa.

Weaver, Sightron, Vortex, Bushnell, and SWFA all had FFP tactical models in the same price range before the XTRII was made.

Weaver, Sightron, Vortex, Bushnell, and SWFA all had FFP tactical models in the same price range before the XTRII was made.

I wouldn't use any of them if they gave them to me and paid me to use. Maybe elitist in saying so, but its my hard earned $ I'm spending on a proven product. Vortex excluded, until the new PST 2. We'll see if the PST 2 isn't like the highly returnable original. Why, it comes down to reticle choice and features included. Appearance is part of my personal scope selection.

Burris was the first to include all the bells and whistles at a reasonable $.

FFP
Zero stop
Illumination(that crapped out in the first week)
34mm tube(decent amount of internal travel)
Illumination built into parallax(looks clean)
OK glass
Clean SCR MOA reticle
5-25x50
Warranty
REBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats why this thread was started)

These were why I chose the XTR 2 as a value option in 2015.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use any of them if they gave them to me and paid me to use. Maybe elitist in saying so, but its my hard earned $ I'm spending on a proven product. Vortex excluded, until the new PST 2. We'll see if the PST 2 isn't like the highly returnable original. Why, it comes down to reticle choice and features included. Appearance is part of my personal scope selection.

Burris was the first to include all the bells and whistles at a reasonable $.

FFP
Zero stop
Illumination(that crapped out in the first week)
34mm tube(decent amount of internal travel)
Illumination built into parallax(looks clean)
OK glass
Clean SCR MOA reticle
5-25x50
Warranty
REBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats why this thread was started)

These were why I chose the XTR 2 as a value option in 2015.

Not elitists, just single minded. Every single one of those companies has proven optics. Choose the features and price that best suit you. Neat testimonial. LOL.