• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Scope Fake?

Outandabout24

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2020
Bubois
Looking to buy a burris XTR ii 8-40x50mm ffp scope. The scope is used and in great shape but I am worried that the scope is fake. Any thoughts on if this is real or not?
Screenshot_20201125-114455~2.png
Screenshot_20201125-114455~2.png
Screenshot_20201125-114509~2.png

It looks right at a glance. Im at work at the moment, when I get home ill pull out a couple XTRII's that I have and compare.

Bear with me, I'll get back to you.

Reactions: Outandabout24
I have an older XTR II (AXB serial #) and the difference between it and the one posted is the Patent info and Made in sticker on the base and the Burris logo is updated. The serial number font/location is the same. The font on the turrets same.
For piece of mind, I'd contact Burris.

I have an older XTR II (AXB serial #) and the difference between it and the one posted is the Patent info and Made in sticker on the base and the Burris logo is updated. The serial number font/location is the same. The font on the turrets same.
For piece of mind, I'd contact Burris.
Much appreciate the information.

Definitely a fake, send it my way and I'll iron that shit out....LOL. Looks just like the ones I have. Burris has always been easy to contact on the phone when I've needed anything but that was pre COVID

• Haha
Definitely a fake, send it my way and I'll iron that shit out....LOL. Looks just like the ones I have. Burris has always been easy to contact on the phone when I've needed anything but that was pre COVID

Appreciate the help. I contacted them but their technical department is out for a couple weeks. Tried calling around but no luck. I'll keep trying though to be sure.

Looks legit to me. I still wouldn't buy it tho. Find a 5-25 Or 4-20. The glass will jist be horrible on 40 power. You need seriously good glass to be usable at that mag and the xtr2 doesn't have it

Agreed on the glass, with one caveat...even the 5-25 ain't great. I love the XTR2, but the 3-15 and 4-20 are where they shine. The 25 glass is pretty dark, and just all around not great.

I just bought a 338... Looking to get out to 1000 yards and further... Any recommendations on scope, ammo?

Agreed on the glass, with one caveat...even the 5-25 ain't great. I love the XTR2, but the 3-15 and 4-20 are where they shine. The 25 glass is pretty dark, and just all around not great.
That's a common theme I here. I've had both the 4-20 and 5-25 the glass is the same. Put them both on 20 and they look the same. Then people dial it to 25 and say the 4-20 has better glass. If you could dial the 4-20 to 25 it would be just as dull.

That's a common theme I here. I've had both the 4-20 and 5-25 the glass is the same. Put them both on 20 and they look the same. Then people dial it to 25 and say the 4-20 has better glass. If you could dial the 4-20 to 25 it would be just as dull.

OK..I tend to disagree, having owned both scopes at the same time, but its a largely unimportant issue to argue about.

OK..I tend to disagree, having owned both scopes at the same time, but its a largely unimportant issue to argue about.
Maybe they aren't all the same. I had both at the same time and I kept the 5-25 on 20 they were the same and I had the option of 25 when I wanted it. I'm changing my 25 to a rt25 so the reticle matches my xtr3

I went with a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-7C MOA FFP Riflescope PST-5256 vice the burris XTR ii 8-40x50. Hopefully I made a good decision. Why I made the decision to go with the vortex over the burris was due to glass quality and versatility of a 5-25 vice 8-40 for hunting and long distance target practice. From many peoples perspective the burris gets dark at around 30. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I went with a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-7C MOA FFP Riflescope PST-5256 vice the burris XTR ii 8-40x50. Hopefully I made a good decision. Why I made the decision to go with the vortex over the burris was due to glass quality and versatility of a 5-25 vice 8-40 for hunting and long distance target practice. From many peoples perspective the burris gets dark at around 30. Thoughts?
I have 2 of those, but in Mil. Easily able to go past 1000. Why would you get MOA-you new here? LOL :)