• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris scope

shrapnelbob

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
I need to buy a good long range scope. I have limited funds and cannot afford a high dollar scope. I have been looking at the Burris line and can maybe spend up to about $600.00. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am open to other brands also. I will be mounting this scope on a .300 Win Mag Remington model 700 customized. I want a 30mm tube with 50 or 56mm aperture, variable power and am looking to shoot 500 to 1000 yards. I am currently used a seirra matchking 168 grain HPBT with 80 grains of hogdon 4831 SC powder and CCI #250 primer. Any advice on my loads would also be helpful.

Thanks; Bob

Re: Burris scope

Dont look past the bushnell elite 4200 or 6400 tactical models.

I know that they have a limited ammount of moa travel....But they are a good buy for the money.This can also be cured with a 20 or 30 moa base.

Try Donnie at Big River Tactical.He's a member here and he'll be glad to hook you up.

Bob,

I have a Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50 with a 30mm tube and mil-dot reticle. It's a very nice scope for the price and Burris' warranty and high level of customer service are a major bonus in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont look past the bushnell elite 4200 or 6400 tactical models.

I know that they have a limited ammount of moa travel....But they are a good buy for the money.This can also be cured with a 20 or 30 moa base.</div></div>

I second this.
I didn't want to spend huge bucks on a scope either, considering the rifle only cost me $500.00 to start.
I ended up for now getting the 4200 Elite Tactical 6X24x50 and a farrell one piece scope base with 15 MOA.
I really think the glass is very good compared to other high end scopes, and running my 175gr loads up to 2650-2700fps I should be able to get to 1000 yards (if I could find a place to do that).
The combo gives me just about 39-40 MOA up on the elevation adjustment with a 100 yard zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DerHossMeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

I have a Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50 with a 30mm tube and mil-dot reticle. It's a very nice scope for the price and Burris' warranty and high level of customer service are a major bonus in my book. </div></div>
My experience with Burris CS has been just the opposite. It was 3-5 years ago, but they pissed me off beyond comprehension. The Burris optics I have work, and besides the fact that some of them have been to the factory 2-3 times, they are decent for the money. My problems always seemed to be with the higher end models

i use a XTR 3-12x50 and ,without 20 MOA base go approx. 750 mt... I have a 20 MOA base and when i shoot at 900-1000 mt haven't problem...is a nice optic and is 900 $