• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Signature PEPR QD

Beachhead192

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020
Has anyone tried these? https://www.burrisoptics.com/ar-signature-qd-p.e.p.r.-mount

I was shocked to see that Burris claims "The new streamlined design with QD mount ensures ¼ MOA re-mount capability and allows for use of back up iron sights while maintaining proper eye-relief. "

1/4 MOA re-mount repeatability seems like it would be up there with the best QD mounts, if it were true.

I was between the Burris PEPR and an ADM QD mount. I was able to pick up the PEPR mount for about half (a good amount off retail) of the cost of an ADM mount, so I thought it was worth giving it a try.

What do you think?

Can't comment on the Burris PEPR but I've been using ADM for many years and never had an issue returning to zero. I too have been tempted to try one of the less expensive mounts but I come to my senses and go back to something that I know will always work. Time and money saved not having to remount a scope because the mount was inferior. If you take the chance, please post your results so the rest of us will know whether to give it a try!

I just
181B7678-B009-4896-B967-4CD0DA32DEF0.jpeg
got this mounted, and have not zero’d it or done rtz testing. I did put the pic on so you could get a first hand view of how they look. Sometimes things look differently in pictures. Love this little JP, have had it for a while. Serial number is under 120.

Mine has been good on my 6.5 Grendel. Had no issues with it bouncing around on an ATV deer hunting last fall.

My one time dismounting and remounting required only a .1 left click.

Return to zero is largely a question of what you intend to do and what you accept as close enough to call returned to zero.

If you will be taking a mount on and off the same firearm, repeatedly is more consistent. If you want to move it around on different firearms and the rails have slightly different specs, less so.

If you call zero a .3 group centered you will be disappointed, 1.5" group about center, easier to get.

They're heavy, like real heavy. And I believe they use springs to apply pressure to the rail (even when clamped). So they may be less secure than other, more positive clamping systems.

They're heavy, like real heavy. And I believe they use springs to apply pressure to the rail (even when clamped). So they may be less secure than other, more positive clamping systems.
The springs only push the clamping device away from the rail when you unlock it.

The clamps are pretty firmly seated once you clamp it down. I havent lost zero on mine. And I've bounced it around a bit.

The springs only push the clamping device away from the rail when you unlock it.

The clamps are pretty firmly seated once you clamp it down. I havent lost zero on mine. And I've bounced it around a bit.
I'm pretty certain the springs are between the QD pull bar and the clamp bar. So, they're compressed by the clamping mechanism, and are always in the load path and never fully compressed.

This seems to show what I recall:
1651832880058.png

Also, the QD latches didn't really lock in place. The little spring clip things to secure them barely did anything. Overall, the mechanism doesn't seem nearly as secure as the ADM or MI style QDs.

Edit: the QD mechanism also packs any adjustment. I think this is reason they had to keep the springs in the load path. So then undersized rails means less clamp load.

Last edited:
Reactions: Birddog6424
I have an AD Recon on a 6.5 Creedmoor gasser and the PEPR QD on a 6.5 Grendel gasser. I cant speak to possibilities of spring load, or what could potentially could happen etc. All I can say is they perform the same. They both clamp down snug on the rail. They hold the scope where I want it, I havent had any movement or lost zero.

The local gun shop here sells quite a few of them, I know a lot of our local 2 gun/3 gun guys are running them. Maybe I'll toss it on my 3 gun rifle and see how it does. If it survives getting tossed around in dump boxes and barrels it'll survive anything... 😉

Reactions: Neurotic
I have an AD Recon on a 6.5 Creedmoor gasser and the PEPR QD on a 6.5 Grendel gasser. I cant speak to possibilities of spring load, or what could potentially could happen etc. All I can say is they perform the same. They both clamp down snug on the rail. They hold the scope where I want it, I havent had any movement or lost zero.

The local gun shop here sells quite a few of them, I know a lot of our local 2 gun/3 gun guys are running them. Maybe I'll toss it on my 3 gun rifle and see how it does. If it survives getting tossed around in dump boxes and barrels it'll survive anything... 😉
I'm not a 2/3 gun guy, but wouldn't you want something lighter? The signature PEPR is 2 oz heavier than the Midwest Industries and ADM QD mounts, which are not lightweight mounts.

I understand the PEPR is less expensive, but that comes at the price of weight, less sophisticated QD mechanisms and a SE Asia COO. I just want others to understand the trade-offs and while functional, it's not just as good as the more expensive QD options.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Thanks for all of the info about your experiences. When I get everything mounted and tested, I'll do a 5 shot group, removing and remounting between shots, and a normal 5 shot group for comparison, I'll post the results. It will probably be a few weeks.