• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris SS and 0 moa base issue

sniper7369

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2009
Northern New York
OK, I have a Rem 700 SPS (26") in an HSP stock. I'm using a Burris Signature Select 6-24X44. When I was using the regular two piece Warne bases I had plenty of adjustment to go out to 600 yards. With the Warne rail mount (0 moa) I don't even have enough elevation to get a 168gr SMK at 2700fps into the X ring on an F-class target at 300 yards. I actually have to hold over to get then up there. The 173gr M-118 will do it at MAX elevation at 300. The rail does raise the scope higher above the boreline than the other mounts, could shorter rings fix the problem?
Anyway, I was wondering if I'm stuck with two piece bases with this scope, or do I need a 20 or 30 moa rail?
Kind of pisses me off since the scope was not cheap and neither was the rail, but I really need to be able to shoot 300 - 600. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Burris SS and 0 moa base issue

Your scope only has 22 MOA of internal adjustment total. That is not alot at all. The 2 piece base must have has some MOA built in but no more than 10 MOA as you can't use anymore or you would bottom out. You can try shiming the rear of the one piece base but not too much as you don't have alot of internal to play with.

Next time you buy a scope make sure it has atleast 65-80 MOA of internal and put it on a 20 MOA base.

Thanks bro, I appreciate the info. Looks like I'll be snooping around for a different scope now.

You can play around with some home made shims by using soda cans cut to fit.