• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Veracity 5-25 any opinions?

slowr1der

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
VA
Burris sent me a Burris Veracity 5-25 50 FFP scope in return for an old Signature series scope I sent in for warranty that they couldn't fix. I originally planned to just sell it when I got it, but it's tempting me right now. I need a scope for a Savage 12 that I have. I'd planned on using a spare Nightforce Atacr 5-25x56 SFP that I have, but I really don't like the fact that it's SFP. After going FFP, it's hard to switch back. I also like the reticle (from the box, I haven't opened it), a bit better on the Burris. So I'm really thinking about using this instead and selling the NF. Any opinions? How do these things track? That's must important. How is the glass? Any opinions?

From what I've read, it's basically a 30mm version of the XTR2. So it has less elevation / windage adjustment. Also, it should be noted they are pretty long compared to their competitors.

The glass is pretty good, although as most XTR2 reviews note, it does have a milkyness at higher magnifications.

I haven't done any formalized tracking test, but I the reticle measurements match the adjustments.

Lots to like about the Veracity. As a hunting scope it’s great but personally I can’t get past that it’s only offered in MOA. If they offered it in mils I would already own several