• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Veracity, does anyone have one?

want2ride

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2018
I am looking for input on the Burris Veracity. It seems like everyone has an XTR2 (I have 3), but I am looking for a more hunting oriented scope. Anyone have any input on how good or bad it is? I like the options that I see on the website, the zero stop is a BIG plus, the reticle looks nice enough, the 50mm lens is great, I am looking for a 30mm tube... etc. It really checks a lot of boxes, but I just don't see a lot of reviews.
How are the turrets. Do they track as well as the XTR2?
How is the glass?

I just got done looking for an hour reading threads that came up in the search and I am not seeing a lot of concrete info on them.

They're alright, I s'pose. I have a 3-15x50 on a hunting-oriented rifle, and it does what it needs to do. I'd be a lot more excited about them if they had a proper Christmas tree reticle instead of a generic, one-size-fits-most BDC thing. The glass is, to my eyes, comparable to the 3-15x50 XTR II. I haven't really played with the tracking, but it worked fine getting zeroed to my rifle/load.

Really, I think that far and away, the best deal going on a hunting scope is the LRHSi through GAP. Better glass, better reticle, and an illuminated reticle.

I've got a 5-25 it's nice. Nothing special but still a good value I think. good glass not a terrible reticle, forgiving eye box, tracks well.

Just bought a 3-15 recently as a specific hunting scope, and am really happy with it.
I went for the capped turret version, as it's got a BDC reticle in FFP. (note you can order with tactical turrets)
The reticle design is really impressive, in that it's basically a plex reticle at 3x and a BDC at 15x. Clever design of the tapered side reticle bars was pretty damn smart and out the box thinking.
The scope is a tiny bit on the big side for a small/light hunting rifle.
Glass is just fine for hunting.

Thanks, it seems like the reviews are pretty good, when people do have anything to say about them. The discount with experticity makes me want to give the SCR MOA 4-20 a shot.

I have a 2.5-10 on a hunting AR. For the money is pretty solid, I have no complaints. I use it inside 2-300 yards, BDC works well enough in that range.

Glass is good for the price point, I got it for under $500. I haven't done any dialing with this scope so I can't comment on tracking, but sighted in just fine and zero has held perfectly.