• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris veracity PH

Dave__th3__ss

Ammo prep guy
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
My reloading room
I'm looking for some new glass for my 7mm prc. manners finally finished the stock so evrything is done and getting put together.
i was looking at a few option and came across the buris veracity PH 4-20x50.
also looked at some nighty force glass, athlon cronus and a few others.

anyone have any real world experience with the burris? the rifle will be a long range hunting rig. so have the quick dial with out having to remomber my dope is great.

Reactions: bopapa_1979
Definitely shows some promise. In the past the glass was mucked up by the LED overlays in the Eliminator and Sig BDX. Now you just have the window at the top of the scope giving the dope you have dialed. Glass quality is much better, the app is much easier to use than all the buttons. Time will tell for longevity but it offers a Great Leap Forward at a fair price.

I’m dying to hear some hands on reviews of one of these. I’m planning to pick one up sooner then later for one of my hunting rigs but would like to hear first hand opinions first.

Definitely shows some promise. In the past the glass was mucked up by the LED overlays in the Eliminator and Sig BDX. Now you just have the window at the top of the scope giving the dope you have dialed. Glass quality is much better, the app is much easier to use than all the buttons. Time will tell for longevity but it offers a Great Leap Forward at a fair price.
I do not like the sig bdx or the Burris. I have no problem making adjustments or even hold over. I was thinking for a quicker solution with less shit in the scope.

I’m dying to hear some hands on reviews of one of these. I’m planning to pick one up sooner then later for one of my hunting rigs but would like to hear first hand opinions first.
Wife already ok’d me to get it. I’m just waiting doing some more research on it. Before pulling the trigger

What budget range, and any specific features? Lightweight? Length? Mag range? Reticle type?
I’m looking 1000-1200 ish. Weights and length not an issue. I’m ok with 3-4x on the low end of mag and 20 min for the max mag.

I prefer a mil mil. FFP scope. Not to fussy on reticle. I have a athlon Cronus aps5 I think it is on a few other rifles.

Reactions: D_TROS
I just bought those on sale for $800 on sale at Scheels, they also have their new credit card sale that gives me $75 free coupon for the purchase, then I throw in some stuff for my AR. Total is just about $800 after tax. Will let people here know how it works soon.

Reactions: Pronghunter
I have two veracity ph one on 204 ruger, other on 17 hornet. I use these for pdogs
the click less vert adjustment shines, as i can Adjust for ranges between .25 moa on other scopes, scope takes advantage of resolution of optical encoding on elevation turret.
I pair scopes with a weapon mounted lrf, really good combo for pdogs.

I’ve got my eye on the 2.5-12 offering with the 3PW-MOA reticle. Should be a useable low power FFP reticle. I stay at 3-5x while hunting. 12x will be good out to 1K.
I just saw that Euro Optics has the 3 new Burris PH optics in stock. I’m thinking the 12x and 15x may be fun to try on a gas gun as well. Unfortunately the 3PW-MOA reticle offers no ability to hold over. I know that’s not the intention of the PH line and this reticle, but it would be a nice option should you not want to dial. Their RC-MOA reticle in the 3-15 would allow for holding over.

Reactions: General RE LEE
I just saw that Euro Optics has the 3 new Burris PH optics in stock. I’m thinking the 12x and 15x may be fun to try on a gas gun as well. Unfortunately the 3PW-MOA reticle offers no ability to hold over. I know that’s not the intention of the PH line and this reticle, but it would be a nice option should you not want to dial. Their RC-MOA reticle in the 3-15 would allow for holding over.

I ordered the 3-15 with the Rapid Cross reticle from Euro Optic this morning. At low power and illuminated it will look like a duplex. The 3PWR-MOA is more like a "T".

I ordered the 3-15 with the Rapid Cross reticle from Euro Optic this morning. At low power and illuminated it will look like a duplex. The 3PWR-MOA is more like a "T".
I’m very interested in the scope as well.
I’ve got a favor to ask of you.
When you get the scope, Can you post a pic of the reticle on 3x power? So we can see what the subtensions look like of the FFP reticle on low power? Thanks.

I tried using the XTR III 3.3 - 18X, as a hunting scope, and it was pretty tough to make the Center portion of the crosshairs out at 3.3 X

When you get the scope, Can you post a pic of the reticle on 3x power? So we can see what the subtensions look like of the FFP reticle on low power? Thanks.

I tried using the XTR III 3.3 - 18X, as a hunting scope, and it was pretty tough to make the Center portion of the crosshairs out at 3.3 X

Was that the illuminated XTRIII?

I have an 18x and 30x illuminated. Thicker reticle plus illumination and I haven't had any issues in two years of use in the field.

Was that the illuminated XTRIII?

I have an 18x and 30x illuminated. Thicker reticle plus illumination and I haven't had any issues in two years of use in the field.
I love my XTR III’s, but I will never use them for the type of hunting that I do again. Spot and stock and deer drives, with that reticle on low power, is a no go.
I bought a veracity 2-10x to replace it, and that reticle is amazing!

Reactions: Birddog6424
IMG_8862.png
IMG_8861.png

The top reticle is the XTR III on 3.3x
The bottom reticle is the Veracity 2-10x…on 2x
background is a white sheet of paper to get the phone camera to pick up contrast.

Last edited:

I’ll snap some reticle pics once I get it mounted. Looking to be next Tuesday.

Reactions: Earnhardt

3x

IMG_9763.png

3x with illuminated reticle and low light

IMG_9770.png

I got the Gen II 3-15x44 in today and so far very impressed with the build and glass. Everything operates smoothly and the new ED glass rivals the Schott glass in my Zeiss Conquest V6. FFP reticle is visible at low power without illumination but the rapid cross reticle make a perfect aim point. I installed it on my Tikka CTR 308 and uploaded data for my handloads with ease.

Range trip coming up Thursday.

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

IMG_9761.jpeg

General RE Lee, I see the Illuminated reticle at 3X in the trees/brush...

Do you lose the UN-illiminated reticle in the trees/brush, without Illumination, either in broad daylight or at dusk?

Thanks

General RE Lee, I see the Illuminated reticle at 3X in the trees/brush...

Do you lose the UN-illiminated reticle in the trees/brush, without Illumination, either in broad daylight or at dusk?

Thanks

You will lose the center in low light but the thicker post will get you lined up to center. I need to spend some time practicing with it at low power without illumination. I want to find the magnification I can see the center in low light. My limited testing it is around 5x.

Last edited:
I got the Gen II 3-15x44 in today and so far very impressed with the build and glass. Everything operates smoothly and the new ED glass rivals the Schott glass in my Zeiss Conquest V6. FFP reticle is visible at low power without illumination but the rapid cross reticle make a perfect aim point. I installed it on my Tikka CTR 308 and uploaded data for my handloads with ease.

Range trip coming up Thursday.

View attachment 8348745

View attachment 8348746

View attachment 8348747

View attachment 8348748
Thanks for posting. How is the FOV? Do you notice a lot of the scope’s periphery (scope tube body) when looking through the scope?

Seems pretty strait forward. The Sig versions obviously offer the ability to auto adjust and connect to their rangefinders, but I don't know that it really saves you that much time compared to dialing yardage on the HUD. I suppose unless someone else is doing the ranging for you.

The other thing is Sig's glass on the BDX line is abysmal, embarrassing really. I have the Sierra6 3-18 and it's glass is worse than a $300 Bushnell Elite 3200 that's 15 years old, very disappointing. Sounds like the Burris does a much better job in that department.

Thanks for posting. How is the FOV? Do you notice a lot of the scope’s periphery (scope tube body) when looking through the scope?

FOV is good and there is some view of the scope body but it’s not bad. Considering the HUD, glass clarity and edge to edge sharpness, it’s really good. It’s not an image all the way to the edge like a Leupold or Zeiss, but I’m not going to dock it any points.

20 minutes after sunset on 6x with illuminated reticle.

IMG_9855.png

I love that reticle without the top post… like my Gen 1, 2-10x Veracity has

It really opens up the field of view for the HUD

@Diesel Pro I imagine you are talking about the sale at Scheels? I just bought one. I had one a few months ago and really liked it; I just didn't have a really good use case for it at the time so sent it down the trail and broke even. Then I found myself really missing the thing. Now I have a use for another scope so have one coming. The glass is decent, and I think they have found an elegant solution that combines tech and mechanical aspects. I think it is a fair deal. For me, the upgraded glass and illumination is nice but not necessary; while I generally prefer scopes with the illumination for the intended use for this I can live without it.

Does anyone have the Verocity PH 2.5-12x with the 3PW Wind MOA reticle? I'm just wondering how they look on low power, especially in low light. Thanks in advance.