• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Warranty Service is gtg

Im2bent

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2020
    So I have an XTR II purchased brand new from a retailer. Its the 5-25/50. When you look through it everything looked washed out like there was massive sun glare for lack of a better description. So I went on their site and started the warranty process on 5/30 Memorial Day evening. Next morning I had an rma. Shipped it 5/31. They received it 6/6. On 6/8 got a message scope not repairable new one otw. Tracking shows it will be in my hands tomorrow 6/11. Pretty damn good service in my book. Burris seems to be on top of things.

Glad your getting taken care of. I too returned one back in March but decided to upgrade to the new XTR3 Illuminated so I'm still waiting. While I'm ready to have it, the chance to upgrade a 10+ year old scope to current model is fair enough that the wait is tolerable.

Reactions: Birddog6424
    Glad your getting taken care of. I too returned one back in March but decided to upgrade to the new XTR3 Illuminated so I'm still waiting. While I'm ready to have it, the chance to upgrade a 10+ year old scope to current model is fair enough that the wait is tolerable.
    Was not aware that was an option. All my correspondence was through emails. I take it you called them and asked about upgrading?

That is correct, I called after receiving a message through their portal (warranty) stating that it could not be repaired.... Asked about options and paid the difference from the original selling price to today's price on the XTR3. I was willing to "trade-up" since the older scope was discontinued and my needs had changed. They were very accommodating.

Hmmm I would have jumped all over that if I had been given the option. I got the email that said unrepairable and the new one has shipped. Wonder if I can send back and upgrade. I would be happy with the non illum 3. @Birddog6424

Reactions: Birddog6424
    I just can't believe how incredibly good the 5.5-30x56 XTR 3 is. I thought, maybe I just had a "really good" example. I have two currently unmounted I've been comparing to much higher dollar optics. Once you "tune" the ocular focus to your eyeball, these scopes (at least for my eyes) compare very closely to top end optics.
    I see Cameraland has a few more 5.5-30x56 SCR Mil reticles back in stock. I may have to pick up another.
    For $1100 absolute NOTHING compares. I've seen them all folks.

In any event, it's nice to hear they are taking care of customers on the back end. I'm used to Vortex Warranty Service, so It's comforting to know Burris is at least better than Bushnell from the sounds of it.

Hmmm I would have jumped all over that if I had been given the option. I got the email that said unrepairable and the new one has shipped. Wonder if I can send back and upgrade. I would be happy with the non illum 3. @Birddog6424

At the time I was setting up my upgrade, there were no non-illuminated models of the XTR3 available so that was taken out of the equation. You can always give them a call and ask. Pure speculation by me but you will be on a waiting list if you opt for the illuminated since they were working out the bugs on the first shipment. Never hurts to call and get info from the source. Don't depend on my speculation.

Reactions: Im2bent
    Glad to hear of the good service. I saw the sale at Camerland but I have a XTR Pro on backorder, just getting tougher to keep waiting.

Same service here. I just had my RT-25 listed as non-repairable and the new one has arrived. Real easy process. Thanks.

I sent my new XTRIII in for subpar glass recently. I like the fact that I got a prepaid label to ship back. Return time was better then stated lead times, and scope came back with new objective glass that solved my problem. They’ve got a really slick online RMA system.

I sent my new XTRIII in for subpar glass recently. I like the fact that I got a prepaid label to ship back. Return time was better then stated lead times, and scope came back with new objective glass that solved my problem. They’ve got a really slick online RMA system.
    Prepaid label? On their website they state you pay shipping to them, they pay the shipping to get it back to you. I printed their label but it most definitely was not prepaid. What's the deal here. I'm feeling less gtg.

Prepaid label? On their website they state you pay shipping to them, they pay the shipping to get it back to you. I printed their label but it most definitely was not prepaid. What's the deal here. I'm feeling less gtg.
    No prepaid label here. I paid shipping to them. What he said.

For some scopes, like the XTR3, they pay shipping. I'm not certain where that's documented, or if it is documented, but they supplied a shipping label for mine.

For some scopes, like the XTR3, they pay shipping. I'm not certain where that's documented, or if it is documented, but they supplied a shipping label for mine.

For those that recently returned their XTR3..... were they the illuminated version?

I was hoping they were shipping those..... oh well, patience builds character!