• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Xtr 2 1-8

Pointman308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
Idaho
Im considering this scope because I love the specs on it, however I never see it on rifles anywhere compared to the Accupower or the Razor. Is there something wrong with it? Why isn’t it very popular?

If I was comparing it to the Razor I'd just say they were in a different class of scope. The XTR is an 8x that can be used at 1x. The Razor is a heavy red dot that can be turned up to 6x.

If I was comparing it to the Razor I'd just say they were in a different class of scope. The XTR is an 8x that can be used at 1x. The Razor is a heavy red dot that can be turned up to 6x.
I think that’s good because I’ll use it more on 8x than I ever will 1x.

Its not a bad thing, just designed with different priorities in mind. Sounds like your priorities align more closely with the XTR's strong suit.

I have had the razors and XTR ii 1-8.

Glass is clearer on the razor, especially at 6x. I feel like the XTR gets a little cloudy from about 5.5 to 8.

FOV is better in the razor.

Reticle in the XTR is far superior in my opinion, and I don't usually like FFP.

Illumination is much better on the Razor.

XTR can be had for much cheaper on the used market.

I only have an XTR ii left, let all my razors go. Like stated above kind of different scopes, especially given the SFP vs FFP.

I've only looked through the FFP and didn't care for the reticle. On paper I like the SFP reticle better and would think the single illuminated dot would be brighter than the whole reticle ill. on the FFP.

Im considering this scope because I love the specs on it, however I never see it on rifles anywhere compared to the Accupower or the Razor. Is there something wrong with it? Why isn’t it very popular?

I'm not sure where you are looking that you dont see them, but being a Burris guy, I always have my eye out. The are quite common at a 3 Gun match. There are 5 or 6 guys here locally that run them, and I see plenty of them at big matches.

It's a LOT of scope for what they are selling for these days.