• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR II Illumination in the Day Time

I have the FFP 5-25X and the FFP 4-20X. The illumination is not daylight visible except at dawn and dusk. Don't know about the SFP 1-8X

Last edited:
Which model?
I was under the impression the XTR II 1-8x with rear focal plane was daylight bright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which model?
I was under the impression the XTR II 1-8x with rear focal plane was daylight bright?

Best to find one and take a look yourself. I learned a long time ago that one man's "daylight bright" is another man's "not so much". Purchased a Gen 1 PST 1-4 based on a trusted reviewer's assertion the illumination was "daylight bright" only to find that, to my eye, the muddy orange illumination made picking up the reticle more difficult in daylight than leaving it off. After that I resolved never to make a purchase based on another's opinion of "daylight" illumination.

I just got my 1.5-8 XTR II mounted and I'll try to take a picture if I remember at the range when I go on Friday. The dfp atleast looks pretty bright.

What did you mount the 1.5-8x scope on? I am considering it for my Scar 17s, but I'm not sure how I like the reticle vs the simpler ballistic dot in the 1-8x RFP XTR II.

I have a fair gamut of these scopes.

The larger magnification scopes, 3-15 and larger, are only visible in more low light situations. If it is dark enough that you are having a hard time seeing your reticle, you will definitely see the illumination.

The smaller scopes, 5x, 6x, and 8x, are definitely daylight bright. My 1.5-8 and both my 1-8s as well as the new 6x scope don't even require the highest setting for me to clearly see the illuminated reticle while shooting in bright daylight.

Reactions: Bri223