• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR II Illumination/Warranty

DenverDave

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
The illumination on my 4-20x50 has stoped working. I’ve changed the battery/cleaned connection, nothing. If anyone knows a trick for this I am all ears.

Otherwise I would like to know how people’s experience has been with Burris warranty service. Scope has a lifetime warranty. They don’t produce this model anymore so I’m curious if they can’t fix and decide to replace what would they replace it with?

I have multiple Burris XTRIIs. Had one that did not focus well with parallax - send it in and they sent me a new one. I broke an XTRII lens cap and they sent me replacement ASAP. Burris CS has been good. I bet they still have some XTRII in stock - if not you may hit the lottery and get an XTRIII!

Had a broken elevation turret on a different model. Had a return label within 24 hours and the repaired scope back to me in less than 2 weeks from the day I put it in the mail.

They have very good excellent customer service

Could try shimming it under the cap in case the new battery is slightly off spec. I had that happen with some in the past. Was on a Leupold range finder. Battery was slightly slimmer

Reactions: FuhQ
Worst warranty experience ever (and I'm not a difficult person to deal with).... every time I hear someone praise their experience it makes me wonder what the hell went wrong on mine.

I doubt you will get a new scope- the illumination on my 1.5-8 xtrii stopped working and they had everything to fix it- and that's with it being a discontinued scope because I was really hoping for a replacement.

The illumination on my 4-20x50 has stoped working. I’ve changed the battery/cleaned connection, nothing. If anyone knows a trick for this I am all ears.

Otherwise I would like to know how people’s experience has been with Burris warranty service. Scope has a lifetime warranty. They don’t produce this model anymore so I’m curious if they can’t fix and decide to replace what would they replace it with?
Just out of curiousity, but... Why did you not contact Burris first to find out what they will do for you before asking on here?

When my XTR2 5-25x failed, they sent me a new XTR3 5-30x. They're kinda like a slower version of Vortex warranty service wise.

My American XTR3 3-18x has developed a parallax/focus failure and is leaking (oil?) out of the parallax knob, so I guess I get to use their warranty again. Hurray...

When my XTR2 5-25x failed, they sent me a new XTR3 5-30x. They're kinda like a slower version of Vortex warranty service wise.

My American XTR3 3-18x has developed a parallax/focus failure and is leaking (oil?) out of the parallax knob, so I guess I get to use their warranty again. Hurray...
Hell, you might even get upgraded to an XTR-PRO this time? 😂