• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR IIIi vs Brownells 3-18 MPO

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    Has anyone done a side by side on these two?
    I looking to scope a fairly lightweight hunting rifle.
    Right now, the MPO's are on sale, the 3-18 reticle isn't terrible.
    I'd like a really decent scope that has decent glass, I've got a Bushy LRTSi 4.5-18 that I REALLY like and I am happy with the quality of the glass in that.
    Rifle will be a origin medium length action, Mesa Precision Altitude stock with a Muller Works CF barrel in 7-08AI.

Why not keep with the Bushnell?

I like my LRHS and do wish for .2 or .25 wind holds on occasion.

Or is this for another rifle?

Cause there is always a need for more rifles….. 😎

Why not keep with the Bushnell?

I like my LRHS and do wish for .2 or .25 wind holds on occasion.

Or is this for another rifle?

Cause there is always a need for more rifles….. 😎
    I'm keeping the Bushy, it's on my 7mag sendero right now. I love how easy it is to get behind.

Reactions: powdahound76
    I prefer the reticle on the Burris. Glass seems to be a toss up.

Haven’t tested tracking or durability on the MPO yet.

Ran several XTR3s hard in PRS with zero complaints.

Reactions: powdahound76
    I would go with the Burris just for the reticle after I looked at the MPO reticle.

Im very fast dialing elevation.

Really like those more precise wind holds.

Currently running a 1/4 mil reticle and its working well for me!

I would go with the Burris just for the reticle after I looked at the MPO reticle.

Im very fast dialing elevation.

Really like those more precise wind holds.

Currently running a 1/4 mil reticle and its working well for me!
    Do you have any experience with the Burris for hunting?
    I can hunt pigs at night here, I'm not worried about darkness, but we'll beyond typical hunting times

I like the Bushnells. The XTRIIIs, at least the Colorado built ones, are really nice at 1k.

My hunting scope selection keeps getting lighter and lighter. I have been eyeballing the Trijicon Accupoint TR-20 series. They make it with a mildot reticle and it only weighs 13.4 oz.

Has anyone done a side by side on these two?
    I looking to scope a fairly lightweight hunting rifle.
    Right now, the MPO's are on sale, the 3-18 reticle isn't terrible.
    I'd like a really decent scope that has decent glass, I've got a Bushy LRTSi 4.5-18 that I REALLY like and I am happy with the quality of the glass in that.
    Rifle will be a origin medium length action, Mesa Precision Altitude stock with a Muller Works CF barrel in 7-08AI.
    Burris XTR-3i 3.3-18x50 SCR 2.

I like the Bushnells. The XTRIIIs, at least the Colorado built ones, are really nice at 1k.

My hunting scope selection keeps getting lighter and lighter. I have been eyeballing the Trijicon Accupoint TR-20 series. They make it with a mildot reticle and it only weighs 13.4 oz.
    I've been considering the 2.5-15x42 credo. I'm not dead set on FFP.

I have an XTR III on my Ruger Precision in 6.5 CM. It is outstanding out to 1,000 1,200 yards. I can't reach the 1,500 yard target because it doesn't have enough elevation using the stock rail on the rifle.

Overall highly recommend. It is a lot of performance for the price.

Reactions: FuhQ