• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR ll 8-40x50

thorstenson1030

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2014
Kill Devil Hills, NC
I was looking at this scope as one of my choices as I can only get one right now.
The others being Nightforce used BR and Sightron lll 10-50x60.
I want to shoot F-TR but it would be nice at my club to shoot tactical and I think the burris could do both being it's a first plane reticle.
Decisions decisions
Now I know most will say Nightforce because well it's a Nightforce and they could be right but it would be a single purpose scope.
And right now saving more $ is not an option.....already maxed myself out and having just moved to the Outer Banks I have to think of my family's needs.

I don't regret buying the xtr2 8-40 ..

I just did some tracking test on mine today just to ensure it was doing what it should after having a little break in time

it tracks nicely and I can see items with it I am not personally capable of shooting at extreme distances so I doubt you will have any trouble with the scope..

It's a good scope for the money. Mechanically, it works very well. Glass quality is a notch below Nightforce NSX; not the best, but certainly functional.