• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR Low Rings vs. Nightforce, Badger, etc.

kindred_spirits

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
Jamison, PA
I used to have a Millett TRS-1 with BC caps mounted on a SPS Tactical with Burris XTR Lows, and a 0 MOA Warne Maxima base.

With this setup, the scope was mounted very low, with just enough clearance under the objective bell. This is how I want my next setup to be.

I've since sold the scope and rings, and have a NF 3.5-15x50 on the way. I'm looking mainly at NF and Badger rings, but I'm not sure what size to get. The XTR low rings stated they are 1/4" height, but I understand that measurement is only from the bottom of the base to the inside of the ring, not to the centerline of the scope. Does anybody know what the actual measurement of the XTR low rings are?

Which height NF or Badger rings should I get to have it mounted as low as possible on an SPS Tactical? My gun isn't in my possesion right now, so I can't measure anything. Would it be safe to go with the low rings? The Badger Std. height seems lower at .823 while the NF lows are .883.

Re: Burris XTR Low Rings vs. Nightforce, Badger, etc.

I just measured a set of XTR lows that I have, and from the bottom mounting surface to the top of the bottom ring half is .824". Sounds pretty close to Badger's if the rail is still the same.