• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR low rings with Falcon x56 scope

mr.rhtuner

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2008
London, ontario
Hey guys, I'm making this thread for anybody interested in getting low rings for the Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56IR
I just got my XTR lows sent to me and I took some pictures to give you an idea how low the scope sits.

If I was keeping this scope, I'd run these rings without hesitation, but since I just a different scope I'm going to run that with the XTR lows.

The setup is a Savage 10FP with a EGW 20 MOA base.

Here are the pics in case anybody wants to have their Falcon Menace sit lower and rather then the medium rings.

0324_170314.jpg

0324_170332.jpg

Hope this helps.

Re: Burris XTR low rings with Falcon x56 scope

I used TPS medium rings on my Rem700 and Falcon x56 scope. I have @ 3/16" gap with the sun shade on. It feels pretty comfortable with the B&C Medalist stock.

mr rhtuner
not to sound like a heratic or anything.But it looks like your scope cap is touching the barrel.maybe its just the pic.
If the scope cap is rubbing remember harmonics,harmonics,harmonics..........just trying to help.
Just my .02.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mr rhtuner
not to sound like a heratic or anything.But it looks like your scope cap is touching the barrel.maybe its just the pic.
If the scope cap is rubbing remember harmonics,harmonics,harmonics..........just trying to help.
Just my .02. </div></div>

The scope is not touching the barrel at all, I had my scope cap turned by accident that hinge is touching the barrel of the cap but that isn't a problem. I could turn the cap a bit and it would be fine.

Regardless, without the scope cap installed there is enough space for the barrel to vibrate without it touching the scope.

Excuse my poor pictures, I'm using a cell phone for them so if you need to see it a bit more just raise the brightness/contrast on each pic to make it more clear.