• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

Is the Burris PRO a better buy at $1400 than a similarly priced Japanese scope such as the Tract Toric 4-25x50 ELR?

That's a great question for @Rob01 since he has both.

Like him, I don't think that the Pro all of a sudden dropped $700...but if you're on the fence about one now is the time to snatch up that deal linked above.

The glass in the Pro doesn't give up a lot to anything in the under $2,500 market. Here's where I'll throw in a joke though that my Pro went down and is in for repairs. It happens, and Burris' warranty experience has been good so far.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Those guys may just be clearing them out for the money for something else. Maybe they weren't doing well with them.

It's like a dozen sites... but I think they're all drop shippers. So maybe the warehouse vendor that holds the actual inventory lowered the price to clear them out? Anyways, I got one. Too good of a scope at that price. Now my reticles will match on all my rifles.

When? I looked at expertvoice the other day and the prices are higher than last year and the discount went from 50% to 40%

Recently. If they lowered dealer cost without lowering MSRP you probably won’t see EV prices drop but maybe they will too. Prices have quite clearly fallen.

The dealer I got my XTR3 from for under $800 delivered said the distributor is out but that they have more on the way. If they were just blowing out inventory to clear out stock that wasn’t moving they wouldn’t have ordered more.

Recently. If they lowered dealer cost without lowering MSRP you probably won’t see EV prices drop but maybe they will too. Prices have quite clearly fallen.

The dealer I got my XTR3 from for under $800 delivered said the distributor is out but that they have more on the way. If they were just blowing out inventory to clear out stock that wasn’t moving they wouldn’t have ordered more.
Weird. Just checked my order history, I ordered one last year $270 cheaper than the discounted price is now

Weird. Just checked my order history, I ordered one last year $270 cheaper than the discounted price is now

If it was through EV you said yourself they just changed the discount from 50% to 40% recently. You can also buy them for over $150 less from dealers right now than the EV price.

Just did the math, yeah there’s a $264 difference between 50% off and 40% off so no shit you paid less money when the discount was higher. What’s your point?

I just spoke to the individual at Burris who controls the price lists.

There has been NO drop in pricing at Burris. Not MSRP, not MAP, not wholesale. Nothing has changed on their end.

He told me so long as dealers abide by MSRP and the MAP pricing agreement, they can sell them for whatever they want. They have a system that tracks approved vendors in an effort to monitor MAP violations, but they can't catch everything.

They are allowed to put items on sale and move them at whatever price they wish so long as they don't violate the MAP agreement. Sales on the Pro and XTRIII are still very good for scopes that have been on the market for 2+ and 4+ years respectively. All production allotments are spoken for.

Oldie but a goodie, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:
I’ve had two dealers tell me pricing dropped and the prices at vendors across the internet dropping recently is evident of that as well. Weird how that works.

Looks like the new sku numbers for the black ringed Pro have dropped, dealer cost prices anyway. Not seeing anything for the XTR3i's. There are some USA XTR3's left out there that I'm sure are being sold cheap just to get them out of inventory.

I’ve had two dealers tell me pricing dropped and the prices at vendors across the internet dropping recently is evident of that as well. Weird how that works.

Prices at Burris did not drop. That's directly from the guy who controls pricing at Burris.

There is no better source than that.

My suspicion is folks are moving out the red highlight Pros for the black one. There are a lot of people who held off on a Pro because they disliked the red.

Reactions: Rob01 and lash
Prices at Burris did not drop. That's directly from the guy who controls pricing at Burris.

My suspicion is folks are moving out the red highlight Pros for the black one. There are a lot of people who held off on a Pro because they disliked the red.

So why are the 3.3-18 and 5.5-30 illuminated SCR2 XTR3’s $200-$300 less than they were a couple months ago and why are dealers telling me pricing came down on them? Those have nothing to do with the pros.

It doesn’t make sense and actual pricing indicates that prices have dropped because they have.

What does that guy know?! We got experts here on Burris pricing who saw a couple websites and know what the higher ups at Burris are really doing. Lol

So why are the 3.3-18 and 5.5-30 illuminated SCR2 XTR3’s $200-$300 less than they were a couple months ago and why are dealers telling me pricing came down on them? Those have nothing to do with the pros.

It doesn’t make sense and actual pricing indicates that prices have dropped because they have.

Yes. I'm sure you know better than the guy who does the pricing at Burris.

I'll be brief, because quite frankly I'm so tired of arguing with you on this forum.

Reality is that which exists even if you don't believe it. It doesn't matter what you say. It doesn't matter what you think. The reality is, Burris didn't change their prices.

I have it in writing, via text messages. It's a significantly better source than you.

Are these the same sources that told you the RT15’s were made in the Phillipines when you were running around shilling for them pimping that model after it was announced and then surprise people get them and they’re chinesium? LOL

Two dealers have told me pricing dropped and actual street prices have indeed dropped. So I’ll believe what I actually see and what pricing reflects over whatever crumb you’re being fed this time.

It doesn’t matter. Street price dropped. Street prices have only ever dropped on these scopes. That’s pretty much all that matters at the purchaser-level.

I took my US 5.5-30 out yesterday. It rocks. The turrets were a little stiff so I removed them and greased the o-rings and that helped some. Mine has maybe .02mil or less turret squish/slop which frankly is outstanding. The reticle is great on a gas gun. I’ll get to try out my Pro and Mk5 sometime this week hopefully. If every XTR3 was similar to what I have it would be a good value at $1,600, but the variance that seems to exist across their production means these are probably worth about $900-1,200.

What's clear is that the price drop is only from drop shippers. Battlehawk Armory has the same UPC/SKU listed twice, one in stock and one warehouse, the warehouse is discounted but the in stock is normal price.

For those saying don't look a gift horse in the mouth... the point of knowing if $1400 is the new normal or not is that it would mean they could possibly be found for less in the future (blems/refurbs). Until now, even blems and refurbs bottomed out around 1600.

It doesn’t matter. Street price dropped. Street prices have only ever dropped on these scopes. That’s pretty much all that matters at the purchaser-level.

I took my US 5.5-30 out yesterday. It rocks. The turrets were a little stiff so I removed them and greased the o-rings and that helped some. Mine has maybe .02mil or less turret squish/slop which frankly is outstanding. The reticle is great on a gas gun. I’ll get to try out my Pro and Mk5 sometime this week hopefully. If every XTR3 was similar to what I have it would be a good value at $1,600, but the variance that seems to exist across their production means these are probably worth about $900-1,200.

It does matter though when prices continue to go down but the company shill is here saying otherwise to paint it more favorably for Burris and the product. These optics that supposedly are so popular and beat out out $2K+ optics have the price continue to go the opposite direction that they should if that was true.

For the $800 I paid I’m happy with mine and think it’s a good value at that price and I’ll be buying another as soon as they’re back in stock at that distributor.

What's clear is that the price drop is only from drop shippers. Battlehawk Armory has the same UPC/SKU listed twice, one in stock and one warehouse, the warehouse is discounted but the in stock is normal price.

For those saying don't look a gift horse in the mouth... the point of knowing if $1400 is the new normal or not is that it would mean they could possibly be found for less in the future (blems/refurbs). Until now, even blems and refurbs bottomed out around 1600.

Not true. Euro Optic is $1050 on 3.3-18 XTR3’s, $1250 on the 5.5-30 and $1900 on the pros including the new black versions and they’re a direct stocking dealer. They haven’t dropped them as much as the drop shippers but they have dropped them $200-$300 below what they were at a month ago.

Are these the same sources that told you the RT15’s were made in the Phillipines when you were running around shilling for them pimping that model after it was announced and then surprise people get them and they’re chinesium? LOL

Two dealers have told me pricing dropped and actual street prices have indeed dropped. So I’ll believe what I actually see and what pricing reflects over whatever crumb you’re being fed this time.

My God. Are you honestly incapable of conceding when you're wrong. You are the most bizarre individual participating on this forum.

I have it.
In writing.
From Burris.
You're wrong.

Just drop it and move on already.. its not important enough to argue over. It's a frickin scope.

My God. Are you honestly incapable of conceding when you're wrong. You are the most bizarre individual participating on this forum.

You’re as full of shit as vortex is for telling people increasing their MSRP won’t raise prices when it did.

Prices have dropped on XTR 3’s and Pro’s over the last month and you’re saying they haven’t and I’m wrong.

If pricing goes back to what it was then I’ll admit I’m wrong, hell I’ll make a separate thread with an apology. I’ll do far better than you about admitting I was wrong than you did after you were telling people the RT15’s were made in the Phillipines. Instead of owning being wrong and misleading people you doubled down and stated “China is the new Japan” or something to the effect because you’ll say anything no matter how wrong or exaggerated may be if it paints a better picture for your beloved brand.

First time I've seen this thread...here's my thoughts..

I had no idea where this scope was made. I havent gotten much info on it and hadn't seen one up until two weeks ago when a buddy bought one. I honestly thought it was coming from the Phillipines. Coming from China? Well if you haven't realized it yet, here it is. Get used to lots of sub 1k scopes coming out of China. There's bunches already and more to follow. Its the new Japan.

I havent seen the 15x, but I got to play with the 25x. I thought for what it was made for, which is an entry level competition scope, it was prettt decent. We compared the glass to a Vortex Strike Eagle and Athlon Midas. The glass is surprisingly good in the Burris. Better than the Vortex, about on par with the Midas. Theres a couple features I liked better on the Strike Eagle, but the Burris was the clear winner in glass with these two particular samples.

Yes, the reticle is thin. Its the SCR2 grid reticle. It's not optimized for 5x or 6x. Its made for 10x and up for competitive shooting. Honestly people keep saying you can't use it at low X. No kidding, it's a FFP made for higher magnification. I have a crap ton of time behind this reticle. Its perfectly useable at 10x and up, unless you're blind. Ive had no issues with it even lower. I was using it to shoot whistle pigs at 3.3x this spring.

I'm not wild about the 8x turrets. Not a huge deal for me, I always return to zero after a stage, but 10 would have been nice. It has no revolution indicators with the top turret lifting to unlock/turn, pressing down to lock. I like the locking turret and capped windage, and it killed it on our tracking test. Dead nuts..

I have some disappointment that it doesn't have a lot of travel at 18mils. I wish it had more. I like the 15yd parallax.

I think its a decent scope. I certainly disagree with the OP, but respect his right to his opinion. Even though he's kinda making a habit of this...

There’s no limit on how far you’ll exaggerate or how many excuses you will make.

Maybe I'm not getting it but who cares if the price is going down? If anything this a positive in that more folks can get a good optic and at a good price. The value just goes up.

In fact, I'm hoping this pricing sticks around so that I can get another Pro in black for around 1400. The SCR2 reticle is pretty close to perfect to me (thin and uncluttered).

Maybe I'm not getting it but who cares if the price is going down? If anything this a positive in that more folks can get a good optic and at a good price. The value just goes up.

In fact, I'm hoping this pricing sticks around so that I can get another Pro in black for around 1400. The SCR2 reticle is pretty close to perfect to me (thin and uncluttered).
That's exactly why I'd like to know if I need to snag this deal now, or if I'll have the same opportunity (or better) in the future.

If the reticle is in 1/4 mil, are the click adjustments on the turrets also different? Or are they still .1 mil? Does that mess things up at all?

I thought it would be an issue, but it's really not.
I actually love the 1/4 Mil reticle. It took less than 20 rounds to be comfortable making calls and corrections.

You’re as full of shit as vortex is for telling people increasing their MSRP won’t raise prices when it did.

Prices have dropped on XTR 3’s and Pro’s over the last month and you’re saying they haven’t and I’m wrong.

If pricing goes back to what it was then I’ll admit I’m wrong, hell I’ll make a separate thread with an apology. I’ll do far better than you about admitting I was wrong than you did after you were telling people the RT15’s were made in the Phillipines. Instead of owning being wrong and misleading people you doubled down and stated “China is the new Japan” or something to the effect because you’ll say anything no matter how wrong or exaggerated may be if it paints a better picture for your beloved brand.
OMG. If you came to report recent pricing found online for these scopes.... Thank You, we'll monitor the situation and see what plays out

If you want to start a new thread about how you know more about optics pricing and marketing and how Vortex, Burris, etc don't know what they fuck they are doing that would be awesome. That way I could still have a thread that was worth reading and at the same time ignore you wholesale.

Thanks

There’s no limit on how far you’ll exaggerate or how many excuses you will make.
Wow dragging up a 4 year old thread? You're getting really desperate for material.

I actually encourage people to read it. I'm respectful, admit I wasn't sure where it was coming from. Thought it was the Phillipines. Dude, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that post. Please folks, go read it 🤣

I have nothing to add to how much you can buy a Burris scope for. I'll say it again.

BURRIS DID NOT CHANGE THEIR PRICING.

Did you get it that time.

Last edited:
OMG. If you came to report recent pricing found online for these scopes.... Thank You, we'll monitor the situation and see what plays out

If you want to start a new thread about how you know more about optics pricing and marketing and how Vortex, Burris, etc don't know what they fuck they are doing that would be awesome. That way I could still have a thread that was worth reading and at the same time ignore you wholesale.

Thanks

First of all, I’m not the one that reported the lower pricing on these, several other members were discussing it already and the fluffer denying it before I said anything.

Second, if you’ve got a problem then you’re welcome to put me on ignore.

Wow dragging up a 4 year old thread? You're getting really desperate for material.

I actually encourage people to read it. I'm respectful, admit I wasn't sure where it was coming from. Thought it was the Phillipines. Dude, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that post. Please folks, go read it 🤣

I have nothing to add to how much you can buy a Burris scope for. I'll say it again.

BURRIS DID NOT CHANGE THEIR PRICING.

Did you get it that time.

That was just a shining example of dumb shit you’ve said pro Burris that didn’t age well and also an example that wherever you get your info may not be as accurate as you think. I guess we can revisit this pricing matter down the road and see who’s right or wrong. So far the prices have only gone down…

There isn't one thing I said in that post that was inaccurate.

I'll let folks read it and decide for themselves.

None of the details matter and I don’t GAF who’s right, neither should you. Bottom line is the only thing that matters and that is, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
The one important detail that does matter is none of these retailers will ship internationally.

Reactions: lash
Even after all this hawg wagglin' I still haven't found the sub-$800 XTRIIIs..... Anyone want to prove how super right and in the know they are by providing a link or name?

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron85
Order placed January 27th, sub $800 delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0609.jpeg
    IMG_0609.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 91
I got a refurb XTR III (illuminated, new model) from Natchez out the door for 700. They had a 10% sitewide coupon at the time. They actually shipped me a blemish model though, and I found nothing wrong with it.

But with Burris lowering their prices per some on this site you can wait and I am sure they will be $700 everywhere all the time! Or maybe not. LOL

Natchez has the refurbished and blemished XTR3's and Pro's pretty regularly, they even have some right now which is pretty odd for optics with supposedly such high build quality to be all over Natchez being blown as refurbs and blems cheap. They recently had some refurbished SCR2 pros for $850. I saw them when they were available and thought about buying one but ultimately didn't want an optic that had already been a piece of shit for someone else that was replaced and repaired.

You're sure it was available? I've seen that price listed for a while for the refurb, but every time I actually see one in stock the price jumps up.

Positive. I've only seen the refurbed pros up there once and it was after my buddy told me about them and I looked. It was only a year or so ago. They usually have some blems listed for a higher price. Their blem price is usually higher than what you can just buy new stuff from a dealer for though. Given what we have seen recently from debris inside the scopes to anodizing flaking off the inside I don't think I'd roll the dice for a blem either, especially at more than you can get new ones for. You can buy new pros for a little over $1400 right now so it's a no brainer.

Reactions: mynamejeff
Positive. I've only seen the refurbed pros up there once and it was after my buddy told me about them and I looked. It was only a year or so ago. They usually have some blems listed for a higher price. Their blem price is usually higher than what you can just buy new stuff from a dealer for though. Given what we have seen recently from debris inside the scopes to anodizing flaking off the inside I don't think I'd roll the dice for a blem either, especially at more than you can get new ones for. You can buy new pros for a little over $1400 right now so it's a no brainer.
crazy good deal... i've got a pro and xtr iii, both blems (xtr was sold as refurb but received blem), both looked brand new, so i got lucky i guess

Your math sucks. $1400-$1600 to $1800-2100 is not close to double.

Just an FYI man, you aren't getting a Razor HD Gen 3 off of anywhere that I've found for $1800 - 2100. I just checked EV, and his math (50%) is pretty damn spot on for there. EuroOptic with their discount is hundreds less than EV now, but still hundreds more than your quote...unless you're waiting for a once to twice per year sale.

Show me where I can buy a new Razor G3 for $1,800 and I'll make my order by the end of the day. That's not a call out. I genuinely like my G3. I'd buy another in a heartbeat at $1,800. At $2,400 I think that the G3 is still a great bargain.

The all black G3 is what finally sold me on getting the Razor. I hate the color Vortex uses on their Razor line.

Is Battlehawk Armory reputable place to buy from? They seem to have mixed reviews.
they're banned on reddit and i see a lot of bad threads, but i've ordered from them a ton and never had any real issues... one time i had a huge order and they forgot to ship something small, i forgot about it but then realized and emailed them, they apologized and 2 day shipped it immediately

my Pro just shipped from them, 2 days after ordering

Reactions: Chasing3 and lash
Your math sucks. $1400-$1600 to $1800-2100 is not close to double.

Pretty rich coming from the guy that just a couple days ago was claiming Mark 4's and Mark 5's cost twice as much as XTR3's in another thread when they're in the same fucking price range. You might want to check yourself on your math skills before calling someone out on theirs.

I said its a much better built optic, not soley that the turret blows it away.

Build quality, Feel, rotating the turrets and magnification ring, glass quality, FOV.

Its also half the price of a MK5 / MK4HD so the value argument comes into play.

I'm sure they will sell a ton of these to people who don't know any better/ hardly shoot / spin turrets. Just pointing out my observation after handling it.

Show me where you can buy a G3 vortex for $1800-$2100 though. That's what Liberty was selling them for who was selling them under cost and ran away once he got enough peoples money. The absolute lowest you can get one for is with a 30% off cert from Euro Optic and you'll be into it over $2300 after tax, shipping, and the cost of a cert unless you spent thousands to go shoot a match and sucked so bad that it's all you got off the prize table. You'll still have a shit brown optic that's probably worse than the homoerotic red Burris, but that's easier to fix with some paint than a whole scope. To get a black G3 you're into it $2450 + tax and shipping. Anyone can go buy a XTR Pro right now for under $1450 delivered which isn't quite half the price but it's closer to half than the same. When the XTR3's come back in stock you will be able to get one of those and a pro for the same price as the lowest price on a G3. Perhaps scopeye can break it down to the cent for you and give you an exact percentage.

Just an FYI man, you aren't getting a Razor HD Gen 3 off of anywhere that I've found for $1800 - 2100. I just checked EV, and his math (50%) is pretty damn spot on for there. EuroOptic with their discount is hundreds less than EV now, but still hundreds more than your quote...unless you're waiting for a once to twice per year sale.

Show me where I can buy a new Razor G3 for $1,800 and I'll make my order by the end of the day. That's not a call out. I genuinely like my G3. I'd buy another in a heartbeat at $1,800. At $2,400 I think that the G3 is still a great bargain.

The all black G3 is what finally sold me on getting the Razor. I hate the color Vortex uses on their Razor line.

Yeah but now even that once a year sale which is mil/le only that was 50% off MSRP it still puts it at a higher price than getting a 30% off MAP cert and buying from Euro Optic which anyone can do. Or just spend $50 more than the once a year 50% off sale for mil/le only and buy the Euro Optic exclusive in black and not have shit brown.

Reactions: diggler1833