• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

D_TROS

Flag-Sword-Cross
Minuteman
  • Aug 19, 2010
    North Denver, CO
    Burris is upping their game. Again. An American company, using American workers, making American products. If that doesnt tickle ur fancy you probably tested positive for commi and you should quarantine 🤣🤣🤣

The XTR Pro will again be made in Greeley, Colorado. Im very excited about this optic.

FEATURES

5-30x56

34mm tube

new SCR-Q reticle (1/4 mil tree less cluttered)

2lb 11oz on my scale with Hawkins rings on it

best in class FOV

rock solid tracking

improved glass over the already impressive XTR3
    (looking through the pro next to the 3, you can see the fov is the same BUT the pro looks like it is on a higher magnification because the image was noticeably better)

illuminated red or grn and goes to 11 laugh out loud

paralax down to 20 yards

2 different QUICK DETACH turrets included (technically 3)
    -white comp turret to draw on
    -black normal with large easy to see #’s
    -tooless rezero turret

throw lever included

tooless re-zero

new 12 mil knobs with larger spacing

capped windage

Burris no question asked forever warranty

im sure i forgot something but for now thats what i got. i have shot one match with it and i am super impressed. i shot in NM in 50+ mph winds with my 308. dust like you wouldn’t believe. scope performed like a boss and i was able to take top 308 and tied for 5th overall in the match. not bad for the Lords caliber

73EF4F7B-650A-4905-9635-EB7E47B15E3F.jpeg

EAF59547-90C2-4624-A142-730B96E30269.jpeg

1014A008-99D6-4F48-B69B-11E8D5B39034.jpeg

F6EF43BC-6AAD-4BA4-B37E-3E3B42CF036E.jpeg
    AF678D97-6091-4157-B3DB-80C49AF87252.jpeg

16CDB41D-EA5D-4FFB-BD70-C2499CDF7FD7.jpeg

24BFF5F2-D899-456F-B063-5A3D45322621.jpeg

…more to follow!!

Last edited:
    turrets

below zero settings: under the turret is a bass triangle.

Factory setting stops the turret at 0
    Flip it over gives a -0.4
    take it out and it can go down till turret hits. All scopes will be different here. Will not effect function.

Pro - turret inside.jpg

Pro turret 4.jpg

on my 6.5x47 with 20 moa base and 100 yard zero

I have 21.3 mils of up to dial. that was cool to see. (IIRC I had very similar to that on my rimfire with a 50 yd zero)

pulling the triangle out, and pushing the turret all the way down gets me -.7 on my scope. I imagine it will be close with most rifles.

heres the catch I cant believe I didnt think of before, and what the tooless quick detach turret allows: if you loosen the throw lever and lift up the turret even a tiny bit, and re-tighten the throw lever, I instantly had 3 mils under I could dial.

So essentially it is a super easy super fast way to have as much under zero as you desire that you could use in a match situation or leave on all the time.

also using the white board target turret in the BDC format in a field match scenario

pro turret marked.jpg

Last edited:
    Just a one day match coming up on the books for me. Shooting a PRS 22 Rimfire match this Saturday, then tossing the Pro on a 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 and running Gas Gun division in a PRS regional points match on the 22nd.

I've had three range trips with mine so far. Been very impressed. Looking forward to putting it through its paces at a match and tossing some scopes alongside for comparison. I've had mine alongside a Kahles K525i and ATACR, looking forward to dropping it next to my buddies 20x ZCO.

Yea they making a 3-18 or a 4-20
    This is 5.5-30×56 for now. I suspect we will see more magnification from this model before we see less.

The XTRIII is being revamped. An illuminated model called the XTR3i has a release date of January 27th. They still have the 3.3-18 in that model.

Reactions: ThickApple1
    ETA to shelves. I just bought a Leupold because I couldn't find any Burris stuff in stock anywhere to even look at.

ETA to shelves. I just bought a Leupold, my third choice, because I couldn't find any Burris stuff in stock anywhere to even look at.
    Some have already been sold to retailers. They have a fair number of some of each reticle in stock, and this scope is in production.

I cant say the day, but it won't be long..

Well... that's nice. 15% restocking fee for me even unopened. Guess I'll live with what I got!

• Sad
    Reactions: Birddog6424
    Hey @Birddog6424 is there a difference in glass between the new Pro vs the XTR iii?
    There is. The Pro is upgraded ED glass. The difference is noticeable.

Not that the XTRIII is a slouch by any means. It is solid glass for the sub 2k price point. But the clarity of the PRO is a measurable step up.

Hopefully Ilya Koshkin will get his hands on one soon, or Glassaholic (or both) for reviews. Ilya has seen the prototype and noted the glass was nicely upgraded. But he's waiting on a production model for a full review.

Reactions: D_TROS
    Brown was already taken...

Not sure what the plans are for color going forward. I want one in Zombie Green!
    I’m sorely tempted to see if these trickle into EV, and if they do I may have to give one a go. I almost got the III, but was holding out for the illuminated model so it may just happen.

I’m sorely tempted to see if these trickle into EV, and if they do I may have to give one a go. I almost got the III, but was holding out for the illuminated model so it may just happen.
    As crazy as this sounds, we are hearing the price is going to drop a little on the illuminated XTR3i. It could still be in the hunt for you as well.

We'll know more when they make the product announcement on the 27th.

Oh gosh, that reticle. JVCR, PR2, and now an updated SCR with easy to read windage marks. This looks fantastic. I have a hard time discerning .6 and .8 from each other on some reticles, and the up, down, up, down rotation is so much better than the old sine wave patterns.

Tremor5 gets rid of my biggest complaints with the Tremor3. Those "mover" marks on the Tremor3 suck.

I just hope the glass is good. I wanted an XTR3 but heard that same story in the glass department as the 2.

All of the XTR2s that I've had were miserable, to the point that I actually emailed burris when I recieved the first one to see if I needed to send it back.

SCR2 vs SCR-Q in your opinion?

I get that .25mil should be less cluttered, but the SCR2 isn't a particularly cluttered reticle to begin with.
    Do you think the SCR-Q actually offers a notable improvement?

i think our brain works in quarters quicker than .2’s and so we dont sit there as long and can react quicker.

also less likely to over think a wind call maybe…

i designed the 1/4 ret for the xtr3 and noone bought in. got the idea from my march 5-40 had a 3/4 mark that i loved. i think less is more is growing.

again ive only used it in one match. and i was shooting a 308. in 30-50 mph winds. precision wasnt a concern.

i just arrived in AZ for an NRL match with my 6.5 creed. very excited. i almost think .2 is over precise. cant wait to report back.

whats your thoughts??

lots of peeps love the jvcr as it gives plenty needed while stoll basic. lots of people not only had success but still like the gen2xr me included. i think this is a great middlemground

Hmmmm
    DT

Reactions: skotydontno
    I just hope the glass is good. I wanted an XTR3 but heard that same story in the glass department as the 2.

All of the XTR2s that I've had were miserable, to the point that I actually emailed burris when I recieved the first one to see if I needed to send it back.

there is a xtr3 thread. i believe some early xtr3-18’s had a bad glass run but was quickly fixed and that was over a year ago

same with the xtr2. early release struggles. they cleaned it up and the 4-20 is still one of my fav scopes. i have a top 5 in a prs match shooting a 308 with it.

that being said, looking through the pro next to the 3, you can see the fov is the same BUT the pro looks like it is on a higher magnification because the image was noticeably better

GL man. lots of good options out there. just so glad companies like Burris are asking shooters their opinions and needs in a scope AND APPLYING THEM. ha.

GL
    DT

I can’t wait to see what the street price is.

Hopefully some retailers start pre-orders soon.

I’m glad they got rid of the knurling from the XTRIII. The red is annoying but I guess it can always be coated.

As crazy as this sounds, we are hearing the price is going to drop a little on the illuminated XTR3i. It could still be in the hunt for you as well.

We'll know more when they make the product announcement on the 27th.
    Wait, just to clarify, they are dropping both a Pro version with illumination, as well as a regular XTR3 with illumination?

there is a xtr3 thread. i believe some early xtr3-18’s had a bad glass run but was quickly fixed and that was over a year ago

same with the xtr2. early release struggles. they cleaned it up and the 4-20 is still one of my fav scopes. i have a top 5 in a prs match shooting a 308 with it.

that being said, looking through the pro next to the 3, you can see the fov is the same BUT the pro looks like it is on a higher magnification because the image was noticeably better

GL man. lots of good options out there. just so glad companies like Burris are asking shooters their opinions and needs in a scope AND APPLYING THEM. ha.

GL
    DT
    Who asked for red anodizing?

i think our brain works in quarters quicker than .2’s and so we dont sit there as long and can react quicker.
    I'm inclined to agree. Even looking at your pic above, if you look away, and say to yourself to find .75 as fast as you can, and look back at the picture, it's easy to find it. Do the same for .25, and .5. You can find .6 and .8 on the SCR2 just fine, but it's easier to find the .75 on the Q.

Someone's going to reply saying to not be a b!tch and stop whining, but eye strain while on the clock for a full day or two will wear on your ability to make impacts. It's not about the SIN wave style being a problem, it's about streamlining the process to make stacked marginal improvements.

Reactions: D_TROS
    I agree, bet they did the red so everyone asks "what scope is that". Easy to identify.

This looks like a home run. I’m definitely getting a couple. I wish they’d have done a 3.3-18 version as well. Modern hunters need some lovin’ too. Lol.

I’m also really liking the SCR2-Q. Even just looking at it in the pic you posted @D_TROS it seems faster to me.

That is bullshit whoever told you that. The Glass in the regular XTR3 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the XTR2. XTR2 had abysmal glass.

I assume this new PRO will be really good.