• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR PRO VS Steiner T6xi 5-30x56

Awag1000

Interstellar Weapon Systems
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2020
Eastern South Carolina
So I'm in the market for a 5-30x56 rifle scope. I currently have a Meopta Optika6 5-30x56 and I absolutely love it. However with the rifle I'm building right now I want to step up a little bit. I currently have my eyes fixed on the Steiner T6xi 5-30x56 MSR2 reticle. The Steiner seems to check all the boxes I want so far. I was told Burris and Steiner are the same company and I took a look at the Burris XTR Pro 5.5-30x56. Anyone have experience with these scopes? I own few Steiners and I love them a lot. Are the Burris scopes (XTR series) generally the same quality as the Steiner scopes? Thank you for your time. -Austin

I’ve had both, it really depends on your use. Both are great scopes, the Pro has better feeling turrets while the T6 turrets are a little soft. Quality seems about the same, in my opinion it really comes down to needs. If you need locking turrets T6, if you need the MSR2 T6. If you are playing PRS then the pro makes more sense.

I have had the Burris Pro for a few months and just ordered a Steiner T6Xi 5-30 yesterday so should have it in the next week or so and can tell you then. As for now the Pro is an excellent scope. Great eye box and easy to get behind. I really like the SCR2 reticle and ordered the Steiner with it too. The 12 mil knob is nice to be able to write on it is also at matches.

I have had the Burris Pro for a few months and just ordered a Steiner T6Xi 5-30 yesterday so should have it in the next week or so and can tell you then. As for now the Pro is an excellent scope. Great eye box and easy to get behind. I really like the SCR2 reticle and ordered the Steiner with it too. The 12 mil knob is nice to be able to write on it is also at matches.

Looking forward to your comparison of the T6Xi and LRP S3 and others. Still just tickled with the LRP S3 playing with it, stupid nice for the price. Realized today I’ll be shooting 3 NRL 22x matches with it over the next few months, really need to get the rifle put back together so I can stretch its legs.

Reactions: Rob01
Looking forward to your comparison of the T6Xi and LRP S3 and others. Still just tickled with the LRP S3 playing with it, stupid nice for the price. Realized today I’ll be shooting 3 NRL 22x matches with it over the next few months, really need to get the rifle put back together so I can stretch its legs.
Yup shooting a match next weekend with my LRP S3 4-25 and the weekend after a match with the 6-36. Then three more next month! Can’t wait.

Ordering the Steiner doesn’t mean I am not more than happy with them. Just wanted to try it out as many with them really like them and if anything like the Pro then it will be a win.

XTR Pro is made in the Philippines and the T6xi is made in the USA.

As pointed out above, the XTR Pro and Steiner T6Xi are manufactured in Greeley Colorado with imported glass.

The illuminated XTRIII comes from the same Phillipines facility Burris has used for the XTRII and other optics for well over a decade. Also using imported glass.

No that's not true. You are thinking of the XTRIIIi. The Pro is made in Greely, Co. The T6Xi is also from what I heard but they use German glass and the Burris uses Japanese. @Birddog6424 might be able to add some on this.

Spot on. They share the same tube body and some internal components, but they are surprisingly different.

Pro is made in Greeley, however as far as the XTR3’s are concerned I think my Philippine XTR3 out performs my Greeley XTR3

No kidding huh? I honestly feel the same way. It's like the Phillipines version is a Gen II that improved on the US version.

I'm finally taking my T6Xi out for a drive at Cameo this weekend! I took my 223 w/Kahles 525i out there for a LRP class last month, haven't fired a round since, hoping the experience all comes back quickly. Should be a great way to do a proper side-by-side. Will bring my XTR Pro too, but the rifle it was mounted to is currently in pieces so it'll have to be just for bench peeps.
IMG_3076.jpeg

Very similar glass and overall size. I’ve got the Pro for a comp scope as the features are great but in all honesty I love the MSR2 and would trend towards it. The Steiner gives the reticle option I prefer and the turrets are smaller which is nicer for a field style setup.

So…. Pro for a comp rifle and Steiner for field gun. Yes I own both and run both. Great options.

wanted to bump this as I enjoyed the XTR Pros, except for the CA.

Seeing that the T6xi is in many ways the same design with different glass, does the German/T6xi have similar CA like the pro?

wanted to bump this as I enjoyed the XTR Pros, except for the CA.

Seeing that the T6xi is in many ways the same design with different glass, does the German/T6xi have similar CA like the pro?
I only pick up CA on the Pro if I'm off centered. CA when not centered is the price you pay for a bigger eyebox, IMO.

If Steiner and Burris are made at the same factory and owned by the same parent company, why does Burris have a lifetime FOREVER warranty including their electronics while Steiners only have a limited 5 year warranty on their electronics / illuminated reticles?

If Steiner and Burris are made at the same factory and owned by the same parent company, why does Burris have a lifetime FOREVER warranty including their electronics while Steiners only have a limited 5 year warranty on their electronics / illuminated reticles?
There's inevitable overlap with two companies being so closely tied together. But they do try very hard to run them as seperate companies with an individual brand.

Having said that, it doesn't really make sense to have a seperate warranty.

Reactions: Scopeye
I mean, just because you share an OEM doesn't mean it's the same product, or that your warranty should be the same as another consumer from the same OEM.

They're separate companies under the same conglomerate. Just because kfc and Taco Bell are under the same parent company doesn't mean you can get fried chicken at Taco Bell.

Got a shirt for you.

Tavarish-I-Am-The-Warranty-T-Shirt.jpg

I have the Burris on my Desert Tech SRS. No complaints, as a long time Leupold, Zeiss, Vortex and Kowa user.

Reactions: Birddog6424