• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris xtr3i 3-18 vs Vortex LHT 4.5-22

VandelayIndustries

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2022
Ask
For a crossover optic which do you prefer?

I wish the vortex went down to at least 3x but it’s lightweight and I like the reticle more than Burris’s SCR2.
Maybe this is subjective but Burris seems to have less complaints in the durability department. Great FOV and I like the magnification range better than the LHT. Who knows when they’ll actually start shipping those illuminated models.

Based of specs I think the XTR3i is the better option if you are happy with the extra weight.

The lower magnification, wider FOV, and 10mil turrets are worth the weight penalty IMO.

The only real downside to the XTR3i is the small issue of you can't actually buy one.

• Haha
Reactions: DangerRanger
Without speaking to your use case, your basically trading weight for FOV and some niceties. Although, I personally prefer the image quality, reticle and zero stop of the LHT over the XTR3.

XTR3: 30.7 oz
LHT: 21.9 oz

I have both and I prefer the LHT for a crossover due to weight and locking elevation mainly. Also I prefer the XLR2 over the SCR2.

The XTR3 (original US made copy) is great for a precision 22. Glass is extremely close on both.

TO ME, the image in the LHT seems to focus a tad easier and sharper at longer distances.

I’m trying to figure this out as well. Probably going to try the XTR3i first and see how I like it and how bright illumination is. Worst case I sell it and get an LHT later. I like the 3 power for close shots with the XTR3i