• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bushing bolt and turning pin

tomcatfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
Southern MD.
I have a RPR in 556 that pops primers using factory 77grain Norma match ammo. Does anyone here know of a good Smith that can turn the firing pin and bush the bolt, and have a quick turn around? I have to move back to school in about 6 weeks and don’t have the time to wait on some known companies that do the work. I need to do some load development and reloading before I move. I could work with a 2-3 week turn around. Thanks.

I have a RPR in 556 that pops primers using factory 77grain Norma match ammo. Does anyone here know of a good Smith that can turn the firing pin and bush the bolt, and have a quick turn around? I have to move back to school in about 6 weeks and don’t have the time to wait on some known companies that do the work. I need to do some load development and reloading before I move. I could work with a 2-3 week turn around. Thanks.

Might be the ammo? My stock rem 700 pops the Norma 77’s too.

But Chad IS THE BOSS. At fast and done right the first time.

Maybe I’ll send in my bolt as well.

I sent my .308 bolt to Greg Tannel, Gre-tan rifles. He did a great job, and was pretty quick as well. Lighter pin assembly as well, and a pleasure to deal with.