• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushmaster carbon 15

COASTIE.308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
seattle wa
Came across a good deal on a carbon15, I have not heard or know anything about carbon fiber uppers/lowers or that set up in general.
Any help or info, pros/cons would be helpful.
Thanks

Stay away! I had to rebuild my neighbors using an aluminum upper/lower. The rail separated from the upper the third time he used his flip to the side magnifier. It's held in place by a single screw and epoxy.

My g/f's dad bought 1 years ago at Cabelas for $600 NIB. hes shot the heck out of it and ive put an easy 800-1000 rounds through it myself. He gave it to my g/f and shes shot it alot as well. Ive even made some pretty good, on the hotter side, reloads for it and no issues. BUT, i will say, I have a few lowers coming in and 1 of them I am going to just sell that rifle to funs a upper and use a lower on it and let her have that.

It's not even close to worth it, you can build a quality rifle even with budget parts that can be ultra light weight and very reliable nowadays. The only non- aluminum parts I'd recommend are the poly New Frontier Armory lowers. They are leaps and bounds better than Plum Crazy, or the carbon15's. Composite upper is a no-no in my book, lowers as long as they are in spec are ok. For super lite builds check out the new MAG magnesium lowers out now..... I'm going to own one soon, they are so light is actually funny when you hold them : )

Well thanks everyone for all the info. I know the route I will be taking and it dosent seem to be the carbon15.