• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bushmaster ORC 308 stock options

scott1119

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2007
London, ky
Is there a difference in the buffer tube size, of will the same stock as the 223 work? I really like the ace stocks and was wondering if I could get one for the 308

Re: Bushmaster ORC 308 stock options

Buffer size isn't different. If you want to use a Ace stock use an Ace stock. The problem lies in buffer tubes that are shorter in length then rifle. The problem is the extra length of the BCG forces you to use a shorter buffer. DPMS's 308 carbine buffer is short but when you start looking at its weights you may run into reliability issues.
I've got a Mega MA Ten and put a UBR on, now I'm waiting for a buffer to get here from them. I'll get the buffer in the mail on Wednesday or Thurs but can't take it out till Friday morning. If reliablity becomes an issue I'm throwing the PRS back on till I can get a slash. I think I'll end up using the PRS for hunting this weekend, some how I have a bad feeling about the weight. Could be wrong though. Hope that helps.

ETA-Make sure you use a 308 buffer