• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 1X25 TRS Micro-Dot - Maybe an issue

Snipers

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
Recently purchased from Midway for a very good price. My first impression was pretty positive - it looked very solid and nicely finished. The box indicates a 3000-hour life (setting 1?) and waterproof to 10 feet; which I was unaware of and see as a plus. However, the dot doesn't look very well defined to me and the battery was already in the unit when opened. I don't have much experience with red-dot sights. The sighting mark is bright and easy to see, just not very circular (strong star burst effect too - maybe my eyes). I suppose it would prove functional, but it's not what I was expecting. I'm thinking that I received somebody else’s defective return (i.e. battery in the unit already).

What do you people think - or am I just expecting too much from a $69.00 red sight!