• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3-12x44 Elite 4200 Riflescope - Opinions?

EnforcerOfLaw

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Northwest Kansas
Hey everyone. As I stated before I'm not a sniper the extent of my experience was going through LRM in the Army and training with Snipers at a Sheriff's Office that I no longer work for.

I work for a Police Department now and I have shown my interest in the Sniper Team and will begin training with them as well. I wont be an active sniper for a while due to the fact that I am a hostage negotiator and its hard to negotiate from behind glass. I know a little bit about MOA and MRAD but obviously on a novice level.

I really like the specs on this scope but I'm still wondering what everyone else's experience has been before I spend $600 to $850 on it. I will be putting this on a HOWA 1500 .223, which is equiped with the AXIOM Rifle Stock from Black Hawk, 9" to 13" Notched Bipods, and an Accu-Shot Monopod.

I've learned the math for the Mil Dots - (If I can be steady enough!) and I do everything in meters just as a habit from being in the Army but its pretty easy to use 36 instead of 39 for changing the height of the target from Meters to Yards.

Anyways I was just hoping to get some input. I do not know any specific questions to ask so anything would be great and appreciated.

Re: Bushnell 3-12x44 Elite 4200 Riflescope - Opinions?

I like the 4200 series for the quality versus the price.

That is definately helping in the decision Dan! I love the price of it! I've never layed down behind one is my only concern! I know if I get it at SWFA I may be able to trade it if I dont like it but would rather get it right the first time, lol.

They have a used one at SWFA for $600 that I want to pull the trigger on, just wanting a little more information.

Well, the glass is certainly clear I can tell you that.

I appreciate Bushnell scopes

Thanx Vman.

I see that you have the 4200 Series on one of your rifles and I appreciate the input. Just found out my Cpl. has the exact same one I want. He brought it for me to look at while I was on patrol.

Going to shoot it mounted on his rifle and see what I get. Hopefully I wont want a 700P after shooting his, lol.

FWIW, you can get that exact scope new for $665.

I have about 6, 4-16 -40 and 50's and I didn't pay anywhere near 600 for any of them.
I see they are cheaper than the 3-12X44

Looking at people's entries in the scope chart (see my sig), the Bushnells appear to be quite popular.

I haven't seen anything bad about them and will probabloy get one one day.

FWIW, if you know anyone with a dealer account at Graf's they have 1 in stock new for $601.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2brothers641</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, you can get that exact scope new for $665. </div></div>

Where is that?

Grafs.com has them for $668, red-dot-scopes.com has them for $665. I am not sure what going on with this scope to have the big retailers being so far out of line on the prices of these. The smaller retailers which i listed seem to be the most reasonable. If you want to buy from SWFA you can play the price match game and they should be to beat either one of those prices.

I really appreciate it guys! Saving money is always high in my priorities. I do know someone with a dealer license I will see if he can get me a good deal on one. I'll check grafs.com and red-dot-scopes.com right now.

Again thank you. I googled the scope and neither of these popped up!

I really like mine.I've used it out to 1100Y on it's mainstay 6mmART AR-15 upper but since it focuses down to 10Y I keep taking it off and putting it on different competition air rifles,airpistol and 22lr's.I wish I had 2 more
crazy.gif

Decent glass, good range of adjustments (80 moa), heavy (24.4 oz), and warranty is not transferable.

If you can deal with the magnification range, I would get the SWFA SS 3x9 FFP MilDot, which has better glass, better mechanicals, lighter scope, a lifetime transferable warranty (means better resale). Imho. At night in particular the difference should be significant. It lists for $600, although you can get it for a bit less using the right coupon code.

SWFA,
How long does it usually take for a response to a 110% price match submission?

Depends on when you sent it. We are closed Sat. and Sun. If you send it during the week we typicaly answer them the same day or within 24 hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2brothers641</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Grafs.com has them for $668, red-dot-scopes.com has them for $665. I am not sure what going on with this scope to have the big retailers being so far out of line on the prices of these. The smaller retailers which i listed seem to be the most reasonable. If you want to buy from SWFA you can play the price match game and they should be to beat either one of those prices. </div></div>

Red dot scope's is not the same, its moa and SFP, and Grafs.com is out of stock at 764.00

that's a huge difference......