• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 30% Rebate Info for Elite Tactical Scopes

AznTactical

Really bad at math.
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Wisconsin
Some of you may know Bushnell just started a 30% rebate this month on most products. If you buy an "Elite Tactical" class rifle scope because of their current promotion please beware of which PDF you download to print out for your rebate.

If you download or use the link from Bushnell's website you may get your "Elite Tactical" class scope rebate denied. Their rebate pdf states that "Elite Tactical Scopes" are excluded from the promotion. link is here: http://bushnell.com/global/promotions

I spoke to a nice gal named Ashely from Vista Outdoors about this issue and she told me to use their website instead of Bushnell's. Their rebate and links do NOT state that "Elite Tactical Scopes" are excluded from the 30% rebate. link is here: https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/brands/10/48

I ordered a LRS 6-24x50 and am on the verge of ordering a DMR II too. As always make photocopies of your submissions in case you need to reference back to them.

No shit? Wish I would have bought that LRHS from gap for 750 (-30% for 525!!!) just to have as a spare

Reactions: Bender
That website does indeed state that Elite Tactical Scopes are excluded. Do you see it otherwise somewhere?

Reactions: ronon
Isn't that the pits... Ordered the LRTSi 4-18 just over a week ago. Oh well, I'll try not to complain but 30% back wouldn't suck.

I talked to them yesterday about this and they came back to me today:

Michael,

Even though the Bushnell 30% for 30 days Rebate is to exclude the Bushnell Elite Tactical Scopes from the promotion, we will honor the rebate for Bushnell Elite Tactical Scopes.

I love this shooting community!!! Bushnell shows class, even when they don’t have to.

All, if you're buying an Elite Tactical class scope please use the Vista Outdoor's link I provided in the first comment of this thread. That link will lead you to the pdf that does NOT exclude Elite Tactical's.

Well F me. The Vista link does NOW exclude Tactical Elites. WTF? My Bushnell get's delivered tomorrow too. I left the Vista Outdoor's customer service rep's contact info at work so I'll have to grab it Monday if any of you guys need it to call them and ask what gives?

Reactions: Bender
Shit. Well, I hope I can get one honored as that’s the only way I’ll be able to afford what I want!

Wish this was around when I bought my dmr2. Absolutely killer deal on that optic. I’ve been very impressed coming from pst gen 1 and recently a gen 2.

When i ordered the XRSii from Midway it was posted right there that there was a rebate available for this scope. That would be all kinds of wrong if the rebate is not honored. Guess time will tell.

Reactions: AznTactical
I really hope Bushnell doesn't bend us consumers over on this rebate offer. Midway and Opticsplanet still lists their Tactical Elite scopes with rebate links. I definitely don't want to hack up my box to cut out it's UPC send it in and to only get a denial letter 6-8 weeks later and by then I'm pass my return time.

Side note: Two days ago I ordered a Bushnell Elite 6-24x50mm PN ET6245F for $829.99 from Opticsplanet. They had a 13% off promo code too so my total down to $722.09 before 30% rebate. 13% off Opticsplanet riflescopes good until tomorrow.

Opticsplanet.JPG

https://media.midwayusa.com/cms/rebate/2018_2/2018_bushnell_30_30days_promotion_mir.pdf

Link to Bushnell rebate form that DOES NOT EXCLUDE the Elite Tactical line...

...and here's a link to the same form, just in case ole Larry changes the form on his website too:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bji2n6dgm1m2jg8/2018_bushnell_30_30days_promotion_mir.pdf
So do we know if Bushnell is going to honor this? I feel like we have gotten some mixed responses in this thread.

Grabagun has the 4.5-18x44 LRHSi for $1202.83; it's not the Tactical version, but it'll do (I like the reticle with the ring better anyhow).

Looks like they’d honor since the picture shows the bottom two scopes are from tactical line and ole George Gardner behind the rifle with a tactical line scope on his rifle....

Reactions: John_in_WYO
Well, I just took the plunge and bought the LRSTi Model from Liberty optics.... I had my eye on that model Bushnell for awhile.. I'm hoping the rebate holds up, but if not, it's still a good price... be better with the rebate.... we will see....

Reactions: bigfella350
Last edited:
Did anyone get the final word on this from Bushnell or someone else in a position to know?

There is a lot of confusion on this matter and it only has been addressed verbally with a Vista Outdoor Rep on Friday which was not recorded. Another fellow Hide member communicated thru email. We as consumers have lots of evidence and data to back us up but we're just little pee-on's against a corporate entity. I would suggest all that is interested in taking advantage of this rebate offer contact a Vista or Bushnell rep, take their names and employee ID's down and also have them open up a case for you. Hopefully if we have large enough numbers of call-ins Bushnell/Vista Outdoors can finally fix this issue.

Bushnell phone number: 1-800-423-3537

Vista Outdoors number: 1-800-998-8758

There is a lot of confusion on this matter and it only has been addressed verbally with a Vista Outdoor Rep on Friday which was not recorded. Another fellow Hide member communicated thru email. We as consumers have lots of evidence and data to back us up but we're just little pee-on's against a corporate entity. I would suggest all that is interested in taking advantage of this rebate offer contact a Vista or Bushnell rep, take their names and employee ID's down and also have them open up a case for you. Hopefully if we have large enough numbers of call-ins Bushnell/Vista Outdoors can finally fix this issue.

Bushnell phone number: 1-800-423-3537

Vista Outdoors number: 1-800-998-8758
I emailed Bushnell and Vista outdoors. I’ll post any response I get

I used this for a DMRII last year when they did the same promo. Rebate was received and filtered back into the economy.

Maybe it’s time to get a new spotting scope.

initially, the Elite Tactical Lines WERE NOT excluded from the promotion. After a few of us called them to clarify and jumped on it, they decided to exclude them.

If you give them a call or chat them up on Facebook you may be able to still get them to honor it for you. I went ahead and printed out the original rebate forms showing that the elite tacticals were not excluded and screenshoted and printed my facebook chats with customer service about them honoring the rebates even after changed that i plan to submit with my paperwork.

Typically promotions like this don't apply to top tier products, and we happened to catch them in a marketing misprint it seems...

bushnell.JPG

Thanks for sharing guys! Here's my timeline below.

Feb. 2nd, 2018:
-Called Bushnell at 1-800-423-3537
-Spoke to Lisa (no employee ID #) who told me to call 1-800-998-8758 to inquire on offer 1203-28.
-Called 1-800-998-8758 (Vista Outdoors) and spoke to Ashley employee ID 1737 and she confirmed the differences.
-Ashley recognized the problem and told me to save all of my documentation and to make copies of everything I submit. My case # is 31772.
-Feb. 3rd, Vista Outdoor's link has now changed and is excluding "Elite Tacticals" from the 30% rebate.

My Bushy Elite Tactical scope should be at my doorstep when I get home from work today. You bet I'm going to submit my rebate immediately and start praying to the gun gods and have all the stars aligned to get my rebate back.

What a bummer. I know of 3 friends who was going to buy a DMR II, Elite Hunter and a LRS and they've all jumped off the Bushnell ship to other brands because they don't want to take the chance. I don't blame 'em though.

It'll be damn hard for Bushnell to deny a rebate using their own form (linked to multiple times above) which DOES NOT EXCLUDE the Elite Tactical line.

It'll be damn hard for Bushnell to deny a rebate using their own form (linked to multiple times above) which DOES NOT EXCLUDE the Elite Tactical line.

Yes, it'd be hard for Bushnell to deny our rebates BUT Remington bent me over for a Black Friday rebate because the rebate process exceeded 365 calendar days and washed their hands of any responsibility even though I had photo copied EVERY submission to them and wrote down when and who I contacted at Remington.

I have not received an email from either Bushnell or Vista outdoors but this is the exchange we had on Facebook messenger. Looks like they are going to honor it

Attachments

• EE93C529-DDC6-474F-BF87-3344DF57827E.png
    EE93C529-DDC6-474F-BF87-3344DF57827E.png
    471.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 71173048-DD7F-4F28-A1E4-AADEA5CB8AC6.png
    71173048-DD7F-4F28-A1E4-AADEA5CB8AC6.png
    452.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 93DEEC75-32F3-45B3-8F4F-55194BF31D55.png
    93DEEC75-32F3-45B3-8F4F-55194BF31D55.png
    408.3 KB · Views: 76
I just sent Scott an email about getting an xrs2. I hope bushnell holds up!
I would print out one of the links rebate coupon with the correct language on it and try and get some sort of correspondence with them just to have a leg to stand on. Facebook messenger seems to be the only way they are communicating

Reactions: beretta_man11
I was on the edge of ordering an LRTS or DMR-II. But I don't want the aggravation of having to deal with a stubborn Bushnell CS rep down the line.
Seems they are shooting themselves in the foot over this. Didn't they just run a 25% promo last year where Elite Tactical were included?

I too have been assured via facebook messenger that the 30% rebate will be honored by bushnell. (I ordered the xrs2 and legend tactical spotter)

Reactions: jwa174900
Thanks for all of you who did the leg work on this and ran this down.... I personally appreciate it.... and so does my wife, I told her her she could have the rebate gift card....;) It made the scope purchase and easier sell....

Thanks for all of you who did the leg work on this and ran this down.... I personally appreciate it.... and so does my wife, I told her her she could have the rebate gift card....;) It made the scope purchase and easier sell....

that's what i told my wife as well. She then did the reverse math and still gave me a piece of her mind, but didn't particularly object because she knew i was going to buy my new XRS2 in the next few months anyway, so at least this way she got something out of the deal!

Reactions: jwa174900
I submitted my rebate online last night and I think that is all that was required? I attached a copy of the receipt and picture of the upc to my online submittal and after clicking "submit rebate" it did not prompt me to print it out to mail in. It allowed me to print a confirmation for tracking purposes. I've never done a rebate where I did NOT have to physically mail something in. For the few that has submitted their rebates online did my process apply to you too?