• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3200 10X mil/mil

sjschneller

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2006
wichita,ks
I know this topic has been discussed in the past, but I am a newb on long range shooting and need some more opinions.

In the past I have had good rifles with cheap optics on top. They were zerod at 100yds and held their zero very well. On shots out to 300yds, I would just hold over and not try to dope the scope at all.

I am really wanting to learn the skill of ranging and dialing in the optics to hit at unknown distances. To do this, I want to use good quality glass with user friendly features. And of course, I am on a strict budget. I am leaning toward the above mentioned scope offered for $200 at Midway USA. It will be going on Savage 10FP in a BC Medalist A2 stock. I am planning on using it out to 600yds.

For the price, is this a simple quality optic to learn with?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve

Re: Bushnell 3200 10X mil/mil

I have a friend that has two of those scopes and had no problems with a 223 at 600 yards. I would not worry about it.

I had one for a while on my 308 and dialed it up and down often. It held zero well and the only complaint I had was it was not as clear as my other bushnell scopes. For the price its a great starter scope.

i have this scope on an AR.. for the money, its hard to beat. i have adjusted the scope out to 600 yards several times and it has tracked back to zero perfectly every time.. and if all else fails and you dont like it, you can easily get your money back out of it.

These are great little scopes. I've cranked the knobs on mine quite a bit, and always hold zero. Has good glass, and it's simple. No problems at all with mine.

I just got one and put it on a 7-08. No problems at all out to 600+ yds. I can't always spend >1000 on optics and this is a good solid scope for the money.

Newbie question as well. If I was to get a 20 moa base with this scope, would it have enough adjustment down to zero it in at 100yards?

Good scope for the money. Used one on my 308 out to a grand no problem. Tracks fine, repeatable, good glass, matching reticle and turrets. Can't go wrong for 200 or less.

If you haven't bought one, get one. I got two. Swapped one between 3 rifles over last weekend, recorded zeros, and each time it was on the money. I'd buy a third if I wasn't broke right now.

My limited experience with these echoes what the guys above have said in terms of knobs, glass, etc...

I have one from Midway. My only gripe is, after being spoiled with a 25x scope, the 10x seems inadequate, for punching paper, anyway. I haven't had it long enough to punch a prairie dog.

Everything else is OK, though. I like the resettable turrets. My other varmint scope is a Mueller. The Bushy glass seems better, but it's tough to tell. Could just be the magnification.

-S

I've got one with MIl reticle and MOA turrets... Haven't shot with it yet but just checking it out and looking it over, the glass seems fine and the turrets seems great! Big, solid clicks, good brass internals, and a bunch of travel. Looks like it'll have been a great buy, especially cuz I got mine for 170 bucks slightly used.

I have had one for years and it has held up so far. It has been on .223 and .308 bolt guns and an AR at one point or another. The glass is adequate and adjustments have stayed true. For the price it is a very decent optic.

It also has plenty of internal adjustment so you shouldn't have any problems with a 100yd zero and a 20 MOA base.

they are a great scope for the money. and it's small enough to work well on a 22LR trainer as well as being a very good .308 scope. I highly recommend having one of these in your inventory. everytime I sell mine I end up being a replacement.

Yes , they work great and are very repeatable,I used two on different gun's for two yr's at the local long range monthly match's,never felt under powered till we went past 800 yds.I have up graded for this yr,it will interesting on how I do with the so called better optic's ?

I don't think you will find a better scope for the money.

No will not find a better scope that is Mil/Mil and will maintain zero for the price.

They go on sale every so often from Midway. The last time was in december they were $180, from what I remember.

Thx for all the info. I ordered mine yesterday. Living in Missouri I had to pay sales tax, but at least I get next day delivery at the price of ground service.

I bought one through SWFA for $125. When I got it I sent it back to bushnell for refurbishment, they did it for free and shipped it back to me free.

Great scope, I would use it against a lot more expensive scopes out to 300 for target shooting. Beyond that, its still great for hunting and steel.