• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell 3200 10x ok for .22 trainer?

Austincqc

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
TX, USA
Just as the title suggests, I'm looking at picking up a 3200 10x for a .22lr trainer. Has anybody used it within 100 yards and back out to 250yards?

How is the parallax?

Re: Bushnell 3200 10x ok for .22 trainer?

I've read that the parallax is a hinderence, but people keep using them. So yes, but i'd still rather have the adjustable parallax of the SWFA SS 10x...

Parallax is fixed at 100 yards. Shooting closer may be problematic.

While this is an excellent choice for a budget tactical rifle or a .22LR plinker, for serious training (precision drills) it is not a good choice.

I have a Vortex Crossfire on my .22 trainer since I don't need to do a lot of fast dialing. I use my trainer for trigger control and body position, so speed is not an issue.

I always like to have some form of parallax adjustment on anything i want to shoot for top accuracy. If you pass on an AO/SF feature, then YOU have to get in perfect alignment with your optic every time. And put up with an out of focus image when significantly off of the preset parallax range.

I always like to have some form of parallax adjustment on anything i want to shoot for top accuracy. If you pass on an AO/SF feature, then YOU have to get in perfect alignment with your optic every time. And put up with an out of focus image when significantly off of the preset parallax range.

I run one on a 22 and don't find it to be a problem. If you don't lift your head during a string of fire you will get consistent groups. The may move around the bull a little but they will group together. If I had to do it over again I would get a 10X SS and then I would not have to worry about the parallax.

I have 2 10x 3200 scopes, one on a 77/17 Ruger and the other on a 77/22. They work great and at under $200 a good buy. The .17 is a real squeak killer out to 150. The optics are pretty good for the price, as I just can't see putting a $1000+ piece of glass on a $400 rimfire

As stated above the bushy is ok. However for not much more coin you can get the SS. They are always coming up for sale here used and Samplelist often has them to. I chose the 16X SS for my trainer and could not be happier. I never shoot closer than 50 and never hunt with this rifles as I have other 22s for these purposes. The downfall I heard about the 16X before I bought it was the FOV at closer ranges. I have never found this to be a problem and I am 100% happy that I chose to run it on my trainer. I have looked through several other SS 10Xs and HDs. The 10X is a excellent choice also. Another pro is the ridiculous amount of internal travel just in case you ever really want to push the limits of the 22LR. If my memory serves me correct some guys have 140moa in the 10X and I have 115 or so in my 16X. Good luck with your choice.

I really wanted a Mil/Mil setup for my trainer, to mimic my "big gun optic". I've been very please with this on my trainer....
Weaver 3-10x40 Mil/Mil

598484.jpg

The new bushnell 10x 3200's are availiable in Mil/Mil.

I use one on my 77/22 trainer, and I love it. Granted, its not super high end, but for around 200, it works great.

i currently have a bushy 3200 10x , 1/4 moa on my 700, although a decent buy for 150 bux new from nachez, its a decent scope, but keep in mind the reticle /wires/bars whatever are fairly thick, at 100 yards will cover up a 1/2 inch target.

alot of people like the SS,
some rimfire friend of mine loves his weaver t35 i wanna say. for about 200 bux, i think it a much nicer rimfire scope, nice thin reticle, but not quite the tatical trainer.

another thing thats funny about the bushys is their target turrets are way big. kinda willy wonka big.

I have the mil/mil bushnell on my savage TR .22 and love it.

I have shot 25 yrds out to 150 so far and have done awsome with it.

I also have one of the Mil/Mil 3200 on one of my 22 bold guns and have not had a problem with it at all.

The focus on the SS is great to have, but my Bushy is on a ligher weight setup that I carry often. Not much of a difference but it did change the way I could swing the gun.

I think 10 x is perfect for all around use. I have a variable, 4-14, but usually leave it on 8-10 unless target shooting(14x) or close up work on varmints(4-6x).

More important to me, esp if you are going to use it to train with, is to get one that tracks well with LOTS of internal travel. If you cant get LOTS of elev., get a riser (min of a 20moa. I have a 30moa) The purpose of the trainer is to get used to dialing the scope over a varying range. (or hold over if ur scope equipped with such a recticle) and the .22 requires LOTS of elevation to reach varying ranges. I have shot to 400 yds with my 22, req 73.5 MOA from my 50yd zero, and every where between. My farthest kill shot is 345 LRF confirmed yards on a prarie dog. I had my scope maxed out on elevation and used mil dots to hold. After that, I got the 30 moa base so I could dial instead of hold.

Just wanted to say that, for a 22 trainer, scope power not the most important, and more is not necessarily better. That being said, I am switching scopes to a 5-20 power because when shooting at 200 yds on paper, I want to be able to spot my hits, something I can barely do with the 14 power if conditions are perfect. This is something I learned after shooting tho. Most importantly, get all the scope you can get (afford) or you WILL be kicking yourself later, and get the scope that is going to fit ur needs. Not our needs. I absolutely HATE when people say I just cant spend more than $xxx for the scope cause its JUST a .22LR. if you cant afford it, thats different, but dont undercut ur training. Spen at a minimum on a scope what your rifle cost.

YMMV,
DT

I have one on my trainer 22 and don't have a problem. Then again I don't shoot any closer than 100yards anyways. I remember a place somewhere where you could get the 10x 3200's for $165 shipped. Just can't remember. I have two of the 3200 10x's and they work great.

I have the 3200 mil/mil. It is a good scope for the money. However anything under 100 yards puts way too much strain on my eyes.

As others have said I really prefer sf or ao for all of my rifles. It might have something to do with my 54 year old eyes. Younger eyes or perfect vision might not have the same issue that I had.