• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3200 vs 4200...

Judd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
DFW
Is there a big difference in glass clarity between the two?

Not a Bushnell fan but looking like they might be the best value for a newbie trying to put a rifle together "semi" cheaply.

If I bump up in price it is going to be a Vortex but I can buy 2 Bushnell's for the Vortex that I would buy.

Thanks.

Re: Bushnell 3200 vs 4200...

No opinion?

If it is a piece then tell me. Ya ain't gonna hurt my feelings in the least.

Thanks.

Judd,

With respect, do you have any idea how many different 3200 and 4200 models there are? Maybe you can enlighten us as to what two models your comparing, and what you going to use them for.

Generally, 3200's are cheaper to build all around, and everything in them is of lower quality than the 4200 series. However, tube size, adjustment type, adjustment range, side v front focus, differs between the models.

I will say the 3200 10x40MM Mildot, and 3200 5-15x40mm Tactical, are quite serviceable as starter tactical scopes.

But the the 4200 FFP's (3-12x44mm and 6-24x50MM) are worth the extra coin just due to features alone. And the glass quality between them would be the least important of differences.

Fixed 10x, mil/mil, 1" tube...on sale right now at Midway for $175

The 3-12 4200 I would rather find a Vortex for the cost of them...again, in general I am not a Bushnell fan. From your post it sounds like that is what I need to do anyway.

Thanks Bob.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Judd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fixed 10x, mil/mil, 1" tube...on sale right now at Midway for $175

The 3-12 4200 I would rather find a Vortex for the cost of them...again, in general I am not a Bushnell fan. From your post it sounds like that is what I need to do anyway.

Thanks Bob. </div></div>

You won't find a Vortex that comes even close to te quality of the 3-12x44 ffp at the price it's selling for right now.

Not. Even. Close.

I can get a Viper (non PST) with mildot recticle for just over $400.

My nonlove for Bushnell stems from a shotgun scope I had years ago that the crosshairs broke and they wouldn't do a darn thing about it. That was a LONG time ago and saw that scope for $175 that was mil/mil and thought it might fit the bill.

Again, thanks for the information and input I really appreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Judd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can get a Viper (non PST) with mildot recticle for just over $400.

My nonlove for Bushnell stems from a shotgun scope I had years ago that the crosshairs broke and they wouldn't do a darn thing about it. That was a LONG time ago and saw that scope for $175 that was mil/mil and thought it might fit the bill.

Again, thanks for the information and input I really appreciate it. </div></div>

The Bushnell 3-12x44 ffp is head and shoulders above that Viper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Judd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can get a Viper (non PST) with mildot recticle for just over $400.

Again, thanks for the information and input I really appreciate it. </div></div>

The Bushnell 3-12x44 ffp is head and shoulders above that Viper. </div></div>

Thats an understatement
wink.gif

Buy the 10x40 3200 in whatever you prefer, MOA or MIL adj. I have 3 of these scopes and they're unbeatable at twice the price.

Lifetime warranty, and if you don't like it within a year, send it back to Bushnell & they 'll refund your money no questions asked. I've dealt with their CS and gotten good response. What more can you ask for?

A couple of us run these out to 1200 yds. @ Thunder Valley Precision routinely.

Okay, thanks guys! Learn something new everyday. I appreciate the information.