• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes bushnell 4200 or millett dms?

signal5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
tx
I have narrowed my scope choice to 2 scopes. the millett dms or the bushnell 4200 1.25-4X24 with german #4 ill reticle. this scope will go on a 16 in 6.8 AR in a larue mount. it will be used for hog and deer hunting and target shooting out to maybe about 300yards.

which scope has the better glass and which reticle would be better suited for hunting? feel free to chime in with any expierence with either or both scopes. thanks.

Re: bushnell 4200 or millett dms?

Is this a price issue? Both are "good" scopes but if you could afford a 6500 you would see a notable difference.

I think you'd be better off with the Bushnell Elite 4200. VG>E glass, well made, good warranty/company, etc.. I have three of them, but not that model and they really do make a decent scope for the money. This being said, for a cheapish <$220 1.1-4x optic for casual shooting, I'd probably go with a DMS.

Bushnell/Bausch & Lomb and glass has always been hailed as excellent.

Chris

well my price rang is limited to about $400ish. i looked and they do not make a 6500 in that mag range. i just want something that will last and something i can use at sundown. i also wanted a 30mm tube on the scope.

I had the millett, it is not a bad scope, but it is not a great scope.

if you have $400 to spend, get something better than the DMS.