• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 4200 question

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
It looks like I will be buying a Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite 4200 30mm Rifle Scope like this one at SWFA:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-9847-185-bushnell-6-24x50-elite-4200-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

From what I have read this is a good scope- not a NF or S&B but good.
Are there any issues with it like with the Leupolds that have come up recently?

I decided that I really do prefer a variable. I can leave it dialed down for action style shooting and crank it up for serious target shooting.

Jim

Re: Bushnell 4200 question

I have one on my .308. it's a nice scope, if a little short on adjustment range.

I will say that you can get the scope for quite a bit than SWFA sells them for... Check our Big River Tactical and Liberty Optics.

Re: Bushnell 4200 question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It looks like I will be buying a Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite 4200 30mm Rifle Scope like this one at SWFA:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-9847-185-bushnell-6-24x50-elite-4200-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

From what I have read this is a good scope- not a NF or S&B but good.
Are there any issues with it like with the Leupolds that have come up recently?

I decided that I really do prefer a variable. I can leave it dialed down for action style shooting and crank it up for serious target shooting.

Jim </div></div>

I've had one mounted on my Savage LE2b for a year and it's my third Elite 4xxx scope that I own, so I'm familiar with the line.

Like the guy above stated, they're UP shy at ~45-47 MOA of total travel, so if you're planning on shooting out to 1K, you'll for sure need a 20 MOA rail and maybe a 25. After all is said and done, I'm a tad short out to that distance, but with a mildot, there's always holdover, so I'm not sweating it too much.

Glass is pretty good, as it is with other Bausch&Lomb/Bushnell Elite 4xxx scopes. Glass might not be as crisp/clear on 24x as my SB PMII at 24x, but then again, I paid $460 used so I can't expect miracles.

Knobs are classics with pretty good feel. On an informal box test, things seemed to be fine regarding repeatablility. Side focus works well on mine and they're a one piece, hand hammered, 30% titanium alloy tube, so what's not to like about that?

I've read of one guy on the AR15 chat who owned one and got some funky chromatic abberations on 24x and I told him to send it back in, but I can't say what he was seeing. Stuff happens I guess.

I like mine and absent a lack of UP, it's been a very good purchase for me. I had a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 on there prior to the Tactical, but I needed a bit more magnification.

Chris