• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 5-15 Mil-dot Help

gv3rd

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Clanton, AL
I'm just getting into shooting for more than hunting and was looking at a used scope for my Rem 308 Police rifle. A local shop has a used 5-15 Bushnell 3200 Elite AO with the mil-dot reticle and the tactical turrets for $275. This is the older model 325154T and not the newer et5154. Is this a good price and a good scope to start out with? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Bushnell 5-15 Mil-dot Help

I've got that scope on my LTR .223, very nice scope for the price point. Mine was $300 new(dealer cost) Id pick up a lightly used for the price they want. They have a lifetime warranty, track well, good glass for the money, made in Japan...
005-4.jpg

Thanks for the input. If you had to pick between that scope or the new Vortex 5-15 from Midway for $399 would you still pick the Bushnell?

I've never looked through a Vortex, I hear there nice. I'm happy with both Bushnell Elites I have owned, so really cant complain or help you on the comparison.

Be sure to check which power setting is True Mils.
Bushnell told me the wrong info when I phoned.

No idea on price, but it is an ok scope.

The green hash marks on the turrets suck, in my opinion.

It shows the true mil setting is 15x power based on the power ring on the scope.

put something 3.6 inches big at 100 yards
or
something 1.8 inches big at 50 yards and see if it measures 1 mil at 15 power

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gv3rd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A local shop has a used 5-15 Bushnell 3200 Elite AO with the mil-dot reticle and the tactical turrets for $275. This is the older model 325154T and not the newer et5154. Is this a good price and a good scope to start out with? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks</div></div>

Thats a good price. I think I paid about 325-350 new for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gv3rd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you had to pick between that scope or the new Vortex 5-15 from Midway for $399 would you still pick the Bushnell?</div></div>

I just sold my bushnell to help build the funds for a few 5-15 vortex's, not becuase I found it lacking but because I wanted matching turrets/reticle. If that doesnt mean anything to you, the bushnell is a fine scope.