• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 6500 2.5-16X42MM question??

sb_pete

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey guys,
I've tried searching but can't seem to find the answer here or anywhere else (including Bushnell's website).

I was wondering at what magnification the mil-dot reticle is calibrated on the Bushnell 6500 2.5-16X42MM scope. Anyone?

Thanks guys,
-Pete

Re: Bushnell 6500 2.5-16X42MM question??

hmm, was hoping for 8X, oh well. Thanks guys.

Dang Stan, I didn't know you had one of those too. What do you have it mounted on?

Slight hijack since the main question seems to be answered, and I haven't been able to find many opinions on this scope. I'm seriously considering one of these scopes, as it appears to have the options I want.

Those of you that have used them, what are your opinions? Are the turrets positive and repeatable? Are these durable scopes that can take some hard use (for me it would be a range toy and get dragged through the woods during deer season)? Any issues to make you wish you bought a different scope?

Thanks,
Scott

I have only been able to play with one in the office so far (it's mounted and waiting on a range day). The turrets are very positive. I was impressed by their feel. I'll have to wait to do more testing to give more info.

Saw a post on Benchrest Central Forum a week or two back when I was doing a search... Guys said the Bushnell 4200, Sightron SIII and Leupold optics had fewer issues than the 6500 series Bushnell. FWIW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw a post on Benchrest Central Forum a week or two back when I was doing a search... Guys said the Bushnell 4200, Sightron SIII and Leupold optics had fewer issues than the 6500 series Bushnell. FWIW. </div></div>

I've read similar things, but mainly concerning the 6500 series over 20X magnification. Which is partly why I've been considering the 2.5-16X model.