• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 6500 Elite

Anthony C

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2008
New York
I think I read a review about this scope here somewhere and now that i am considering of course i cant find it. I surfed and i searched, but could note find. So if anyone has the following i would be much interested in your thoughts:
Bushnell, 6500 ELITE 2.5-16x42.
I had chance to handle in a local store (will sell for $650) and thought it was nice. I know i read somewhere you had to pull the turrets but this just semed to turn with solid clicks.

Interested in hearing about experience with this sope.

Thanks

Re: Bushnell 6500 Elite

I have the 1.25-8 on my AR Carbine. I have used it a lot. While i would not consider it the perfect scope, it's a very solid choice.
1.25 power is suiting me fine for both eyes open run-n-gun stuff at CQB range. I (predator) hunt with it sitting on about 6 power, and I do my load work and precision shooting on 8 power.

Standard tests all passed, tracking, repeatability etc. the "pull up" knobs you referred to are simply to zero out the turrets. you merely turn them to change point of impact. The knobs are (to me) unnervingly easy to pull up and i fear I could get lost while dialing, but that is at least backed up by my knowing how many clicks up, and over from bottomed out to get back to my main zero. If it had a graduated reticle or even a USMC mildot (the heavy posts handy for short range speed shooting) I'd call it the perfect AR optic, but it has a fine duplex.

I know you were asking about the 2.5-16, but at least you got a little info about the series any way.