• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 6500?

Re: Bushnell 6500?

Scott at Liberty Optics has much better prices. He is a vendor on the 'hide here.

I just bought a 4.5-30 Tactical MD. It went on my T3 in 223 and off to the range. I didn't have any trouble with sight in but it just didn't seem to want to hold zero at 100 yds. First shot was dead on. Then the others moved around a lot.
When I got home I put the bore sighter on it. I moved up and then down 8 clicks. All seemed OK. I moved right 8 and then back. Still all seems OK. I checked the screws on the rings. I lightly bumped the scope next to the turrents and zero didn't move. Then I turned the side focus knob. That's when it happened. The more I turned the focus knob, the higher the cross wire went. When I turned it back the zero came back to the original point. Bushnell says it is a bullet proof, money back warranty. I am about to try them on it!

I got mine on Ebay. $565.00 + Free Shipping and $45 back in Microsoft Cashback rewards. Really good deal. I only bought it after looking at the Hide vendors and not finding a better price. Mine has not been mounted yet. But it certainly has all the right features except for the mismatching knob/reticle.

Was reading a thread on benchrest central site today, comparing the Bushnell 6500, 4200, Sigtron SIII and Leupold longrange scopes. Consensus there is the 4200 is the best Bushnell, and that Sightron is equal to or better than Nightforce NXS or Leupold.